Still Pond & Churn Creek

Started by R1Peacock, June 03, 2010, 10:11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R1Peacock

I'm looking to learn some new water (not steal any secret spots).

I wanted to see what people had to say about Still Pond and Churn Creek.  Looking at a map it doesn't appear to be difficult to navigate.  Are there any areas of concern to look out for as you approach, enter and move your way inside each area?

Overall, how is the fishing (Largemouth Bass), what structure is present, how about grass?????

Rich
Westminster, Maryland
Champion 198 Elite

Trainer52

Churn Creek is very tricky! You wouldn't think it but a huge sand island sits in the center of it so be careful.. A little grass but a lot of lay downs !

R1Peacock

Thanks,

I just made a .pdf map of the area and included satellite photos.  Looking at the satellite photos it appears that the submerged island you mentioned is in the first section as you enter into Churn, Right?  If you stay closer to the east and southern shore it looks like you can slip past it at its deepest part.

Anything Else....

Thanks

Rich
Westminster, Maryland
Champion 198 Elite

Sam I am

Rich I sent you an IM this morning. I don't know if you got it or not.

HammytheFisherman

A lot of wood in both of the creeks and sporadic docks here and there. As some have said just be careful in Churn because of the hidden flat/island. Like most of the other tributaries off of the bay the water can be fairly clear at most times.

I've only fished there 3 times total, but have caught fish each time. Last year I did pretty good with a fellow board member. My girlfriend and I actually went there Thursday and caught 1 LM, a big ol catfish and about 20 perch. We were targeting LM on wood, but only found the one taker. We could've just had a bad day though.

The one LM we did catch was quite healthy though. :)
-Team Outcast

jstrozier

It would be more of something someone would have to show you.... there are def some dont's in there.....

Team OutCast