HELP Bait Shop near Broad Creek on Susquehanna

Started by Yaknbass, June 02, 2010, 11:56:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yaknbass

~xyz

I need some help folks. It seems like there are NO bait shops that I can find near Belair md up to the Susquehanna river ( above the dam) I normally use lures and such, but my wife always uses live bait. Anyone know where to get nightcrawlers atleast or even better Crawlers and Minnows?

Thanks
Matt

clarker2000

Man thats a tough one.  I know some 7-11s sel night crawlers. There was a bait shop right on the road that goes to the dam buut I dont think they are open any longer but a I could be wrong.  I would suggest getting a bait trap and catch your own.  We sure could use a small bait shop up here but Im fairly certain thats a difficult way to make a buck$$$.   
Owner/Sales/Installer at www.Reservoirboatworks.com

hockeyref

The only place is highs stores up here they have worms, night crawlers. there are about 4 highs stores in the area of Rt1 and 136. 
BALTIMORE SAINTS SPIECAL HOCKEY
Team Outcast
TBF Maryland

Sam I am

Over the river in Northeast there is one. Don't know the name, but it is famous with the bay guys for providing the daily fresh herring for the spring trophy run. I am sure they have minnows..

Yaknbass

Thanks Guys,

I knew about the highs stores with the worms, but wanted to see what she could get anything more fish with minnows.

We're putting in at broadcreek ( in kayaks) Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Matt ~cf

Yaknbass

I looked over the dam for some and I found Herb's which I think is the one that is the famous one and another called port side inc.

Link - http://www.portdeposit.com/Businesses/PortSideFishSupplies.htm
Their only open on the weekends.

Sam I am