Any report for Liberty?

Started by luv2bass, June 01, 2010, 11:48:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luv2bass

Have not fished Liberty this year yet. Does any one know if and where the stripers and lmb are hitting?

clarker2000

We had a mini impromptu tournament there Monday.  The bite was really slow.  None of us even had a good morning bite.  My boat had the most weight at just under 12 lbs for 6 fish, second place had just under 9 lbs for 4 fish and third was one fish for about 3lbs.  We could see tons and tons of fish cruising but they didn't seem to want our lures.  They are all spawned out for sure.  We all worked our butts off for a long hot day but it was fun.  Did manage to catch the biggest Walleye I have ever seen in person.  It was just under 30 inches.  It was a cow for sure. 

Didn't go after the stripers and I really didn't see anyone trolling for them either.  Maybe next trip when the fishing isn't so serious I will mess around with them. 
Owner/Sales/Installer at www.Reservoirboatworks.com

TProud

where do you go for walleye? and what do you throw at them? I have never caught one and am very interested in trying to hook one up before the summer is over. that and find a good sized crappie.

clarker2000

My walleye catch was andom at best.  I was fishing a crankbait for bass and got slammed.  I dont ever target them. 
Owner/Sales/Installer at www.Reservoirboatworks.com

luv2bass

Thanks for the info. It seems that all the reservoirs have slowed down for the LM. Pretty Boy is mostly catching smallies, they are fun though. One heck of a fight.

TProud

Yes thanks for the info. I am hoping to go out tomorrow Thursday June 3rd weather permitting. So far I've only venture to the other side from the boat ramp and a little into the cove that wards chapel borders. I'm looking to travel a bit more up lake then I've gone so far. Like towards the 32, Nicodemus split.