check out what i found!!!

Started by BassthumbJE, May 30, 2010, 11:32:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BassthumbJE

this technology is amazing    ~c~   ~c~   .....my humminbird was money well spent!!!   everyone know what the pic is of and where it was taken??  ....lets hear some interpretations.

chawk18

im gonna go with a house at pretty boy.   man that looks good, who ever installed that knew what they were doing  ~sun

Chuck Tawney

I too am saying a house, Loch Raven, maybe from the old town of Warren, before the area was flooded.
Evolve Baits Pro Staff  Explosive Tackle Pro Staff
Denali Rods Pro Staff  RemoteMechanic.com ProTeam  Solar Bat Sunglasses  Team Outcast
www.chucktawney.com

BassthumbJE

yeah...its definately a house and it was on loch raven.... its crazy how you can see the door and a window..i heard there was an old bridge there, and the structure right below it may be it, but it looks like another foundation to me.  

Joe Essex Bass DeVoe

Good stuff eaton. I sure wish l was rich like you so l could afford one.   ~roflmao

hellbendernut

Hint.... i was there.. and cutting the grass around it with a lawn mower.....
" Get The Net! "

hellbendernut

Jason... very cool.... The guy who told you it was a bridge... probably only saw it using his Garmin 240....LOL ....  and since its in the middle of the creek figured it was a bridge abruptments? the technology is amazing.....
.. but could that be a road bed running on the right side away from it?
" Get The Net! "

CharlieD

That's awesome! What model do you have? Where is the transducer mounted on your boat?

Team Outcast Bass Club -www.facebook.com/teamoutcast

BassthumbJE

yeah its definately not a bridge ...if you look at the Down image scan on this pic you can see the windows in the back...it looks a lot bigger than the other building.   very cool.  8)

i have the humminbird 898c and the transducer is mounted on the transom of my reservoir rig.

zim

I wonder if this describes the location

"This site is about 0.5 mile upstream of the present Dulaney Valley Road bridge, flooded out in the first phase of building the second or high Loch Raven dam in 1912-1914"

Quoted from Maryland Freestate Treasure Club's website

HammytheFisherman

I only have the smaller SI version the 797, but just like JE I am impressed with how well these units work. I haven't really used the full potential of mine, but love seeing pictures like this. Thats pretty sweet to see the house though. I need to learn how to take screen shots and save them. Do you just do it in options and it saves to the SD card? :-\ I guess I should read the manual, but its like 2000 pages. lo

Now the question is... have you caught any fish off that spot. ;)
-Team Outcast

BassthumbJE

all you need to do to take the pic is to have an SD card in the slot and go to the options menu and turn the "snapshot" option on.  then press the "mark" button on the unit and it saves the pic, waypoint, etc.  then you just download them to your computer from the SD card.

i didnt fish that spot today...i was too busy playing with the sidescan and taking pics of other spots.  but i think ill catch a 10lber off of the front porch of the house this summer!!  ;D

hellbendernut

Your right its not a bridge... maybe i should trade in my 15 year old Garmin 240... ??? now i know exactly what i have been seeing.... interesting... THANKS for the post...
" Get The Net! "

luv2bass

Is it the school house at the mouth of School House cove? Nice pic. Looks great to fish.

Creel Limit Zero

Well that is a sweet picture, there are going to be some ticked off folks this summer that are looking to drop shot on that house while watching guys hit into the 15th hole on Pine Ridge...   ~shade

BassthumbJE

i havent found that school yet.

zim

bassthumb- ya gots to do your homework :) before you can find the schoolhouse foundation

If you wander around the interwebs for history sites for Balto. Co. you'll find pics of the school and several mills prior to the Loch's existence. I sure wish this stuff had been available in the 80's when I was fishing it hard up there.