BOWLEYS QUARTERS QUARRY

Started by tat2dbasshunter, May 25, 2010, 06:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tat2dbasshunter

So im born and raised in baltimore and have been fishing as long as i can remember. For the past fews years ive head everyone i know that fishes talk about the bowleys quarters rock quarry. Its like a myth to me because i cant find the damn thing does anyone know where it is? how well the fishing is? is it legal to fish? any info would be appreciated.
FISH TREMBLE AT THE SOUND OF MY NAME

chawk18

it's all legal and you can even fish from the bank. the problem is the flat getting into the quarry, there is a flat going in that alot of people either get stuck or hit something going in. even people that go back there alot sooner or later will hit something.it's not really bowleys quarters it's joppa town. if you got a boat just watch it sh!t jumps up and get ya sometimes!!!!!

greg hall

long way away from bowelys quarters,we talking about the same place?

ReelEmIn

There is a quarry in Bowleys quarters and there is no boat access. Ive never been to it just seen it as I road by it. Its right up the street from EZ pickens. My father said he used to fish there like 35 years ago but now he doesnt think there are any fish in it. My guess is that its illegal to go to anyways.

Joe Essex Bass DeVoe

There are fish still in the bowleys quarter quarry. I fished it last year a couple times. I used to fish it alot back in the day before l had a boat.

MiddleRiverMaster

Quote from: greg hall on May 25, 2010, 09:16:15 PM
long way away from bowelys quarters,we talking about the same place?

Sounds like he is talking about the Campbell property.....now I think Genstar may still own it.

tat2dbasshunter

i know a few people who have told me about "the quarry" ill try to get more specific details on the subject

skeeter90

Quote from: tat2dbasshunter on May 26, 2010, 04:37:55 PM
i know a few people who have told me about "the quarry" ill try to get more specific details on the subject

If its "the quarry" everyone on hear talks about then it is in joppatowne. Theres good fishing in there but ALOT of people go there. Its worth going there though.

ryan o

I don't know if it has fish in it, but you can find it on google.  Go to Google maps and type in 39.355538,-76.3903  These coordinates will take you right to the quarry.  If you click on satellite on google maps it will give you a real picture of what the quarry looks like.  Hope this helps.

tat2dbasshunter

Thanks for all the help and advice guys

stefish

what road do you come in from

MiddleRiverMaster

Quote from: ryan o on May 27, 2010, 07:03:33 PM
I don't know if it has fish in it, but you can find it on google.  Go to Google maps and type in 39.355538,-76.3903  These coordinates will take you right to the quarry.  If you click on satellite on google maps it will give you a real picture of what the quarry looks like.  Hope this helps.

This is the old Campbell Property....which I think is now owned by Genstar. I used to hunt back there (30 years ago) and never saw any fish in any of those "ponds".

Joe Essex Bass DeVoe

I use to park across the street at tidewater village( its called something else now) and walk back a trail to the quarry. caught some very nice fish back there just not a lot of numbers.

RKnudsen

I used to fish it about 6-8 years ago and had some great fishing there. used to park at the church and walk in that way. only fished from the banks and did well. it was nothing to catch 30-40 bass in an evening. it started falling off the last few times i went though. seemed like they were digging more in certain places and filling back in in others and just couldnt catch them like i used to, but like i said i havent been there in years. i mostly threw small crankbaits in crawdad color or buzzbaits in the reeds around the bever huts. noly got run out of there once, they werent too mad just told us we werent supposed to be there. good luck if you go let me know how it went