I give UP!!!!!!

Started by -Shawn-, August 05, 2009, 11:25:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Shawn-

I have been trying to update my 332C and I freaking give up.

Downloaded update to the sd card, turned off the unit, Removed hotspots pro and installed the sd card, turned unit on, Let it set for 2 hours and it never turned off.  ^-^  with the update chip installed the unit would not powerdown, so I turned of the  power and removed the SD and repowered the unit to check and see if the update downloaded and now the menu button will not work at all.  ~xyz ~xyz ~xyz ~rant ~rant ~rant

Mike Cork

Shawn you may have to disconnect power from the unit to do a complete reset?

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Jared LeBlue

The hell with it, throw that POS in the long grass and go buy a new one. LOL  lo
Ardent Prostaff

BassBUFF

Can you try and do a hard reset to factory settings and then load the update?

Also, which way did you download the update?

-Shawn-

Quote from: Rattle on August 05, 2009, 03:52:52 PM
The hell with it, throw that POS in the long grass and go buy a new one. LOL  lo

You don't know how bad I want to do that.  lo lo lo lo

-Shawn-

Quote from: BassBUFF on August 05, 2009, 09:51:22 PM
Can you try and do a hard reset to factory settings and then load the update?

Also, which way did you download the update?

I have done a soft restart and it didn't Help.  I haven't done a hard restart because I will lose all my offshore spots. I can't save them to a sd card because the menu will not come up.  :'( :'( :'( :'(

I have been having major electronic problems. The 125 on the bow is screwed up and the backlight flashes on and off and Freezes so i did a hard restart on it and now the menu button on it isn't working either.  ^-^

I downloaded the update with all the recomended lowrance stuf on their upate.

bassadict69

Have you tried calling Lowrance & seeing if they can walk you through it?

-Shawn-

I looked for a phone number but I haven't been able to find one for support.   :-\

Ron Fogelson

If you need to speak with a Customer Service agent, please call our toll-free Customer Service line at 1-800-324-1356. Technicians and representatives are available to help you Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST, except holidays.  Lowrance is located at 12000 East Skelly Drive, Tulsa, Oklahoma 74128 USA.

-Shawn-

-Shawn-

Well I called Lowrance, They said do a hard restart and if that doesn't fix it then I need to send the unit and $242.32 in and that is a flat fee no matter what is wrong.  :'(

As for the X125 He said give him the serial number and 167 bucks and he will send me a new unit.  They don't even want the old one sent in.  :surrender:

BassBUFF

Ouch. Maybe it's time to spring for the new HDS and SI :-*!

Jdaddy

New HDS sucks,  lo, it will take at least another year before they get it to work right .

-Shawn-

I think I will try to find a 520 to replace the 125 and get the 332 fixed.  ~cf

-Dave-

Bass-11

Mike Cork

I haven't had the trouble some folks have with the hd5?

I am surprised at the repair costs?

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

-Shawn-

I was surprised at the repair fee's myself.  I know the 125 just needs a power button , But they don't even want to look at it. Just send the serial number and the money and they will send me a new unit.  But on the plus side I do get a new unit warranty with it.

traveler

Maybe I'm lucky but my HDS5 works as advertized,downloaded the program and it's unbelievable how good it picks up both sonar and GPS. Have no need for a Navionics card as it gives more than I need, See the pebbles on the bottom.
2004 201ProXL DC,  2008 250HO E-Tec
2004 3500 Dodge Diesel,1999 Montana f/w.
Retired and fun to go