Lowrance X-135 Temp. problems

Started by buzzinbass, June 17, 2009, 06:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzinbass

I have a X-135 in the console with the seperate temp probe on the outside of the boat and it's not working and can't figure out why the thing is flashing 32 degrees and won't reset when you reset to the factory settings. Has anyone ever had this problem or what do I need to do to fix this thing. I've check the connection at the unit.

bassinbob 1

Is this a new install or did it use to work .

Mark from NY

If it is a nmea2000 temp sensor it probably has a separate power switch on the console that needs to be turned on. factory installs have been using the network style temp sensors because they read to multiple graphs on the network.

buzzinbass

It came on the boat when I bought it and it did work went out one day and it didn't work went out another and it did and now it's not working this is an 08 triton

BassBUFF

1. Are you sure the temp is coming off the probe and not the transducer?

2. Is it a straight temp probe or a NEMA probe?
    a. NEMA requires power on the bus for the probes to work, check the fuse.

3. Probe is bad. Take it back to the dealer.

buzzinbass

Quote from: BassBUFF on June 19, 2009, 09:55:09 PM
1. Are you sure the temp is coming off the probe and not the transducer? yes probe is on the outside of the boat transducer is in hull

2. Is it a straight temp probe or a NEMA probe?looks like a straight probe
    a. NEMA requires power on the bus for the probes to work, check the fuse.

3. Probe is bad. Take it back to the dealer. long drive to dealer but may have to

BassBUFF

Or you could replace the temp probe yourself but I'd opt for the warranty work, you paid for it.

Let us know what happens.

bman13

My x135 is doing the same thing. Been like that since I got my boat. Its a used 2008 skeeter. Keep this updated so I know how to fix it. Thanks.

bman13

buzzinbass

Quote from: bman13 on July 05, 2009, 08:18:33 PM
Never mind I fixed it.

How did you do it I haven't had time to take mine and the dealership is two weeks behind on work.

buzzinbass

Finally got this fixed had to turn the probe back on for some reason it cut itself back off I tried doing what the owners manual said but didn't work they had it done in 5 min. I didn't have the power switch on to turn it on forgot about that one.  ~b~