Humminbird 565 transducer?

Started by purpleworm, June 15, 2009, 09:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purpleworm

I want to install the transducer on the trolling motor. Should I use the transducer that came with the unit. Which is the transom type? Or order the trolling motor transducer. Some say Humminbird will trade out transducers? What the advantage of the trolling motor transducer? Thanks for any info.

Ron Fogelson

You can use the one that came with, will need a large hose clamp or two to hold it in place and I would recommend getting a transducer guard if you tend to push into shallow water or have a bunch of stumps/brush in the waters you fish.  The other transducer is a round puck and the top is curved to form to the TM foot it will also need to be put on with hose clamps and because of the water I fish I would still recommend a transducer guard.

This is just one type of guard the 1st one shows the transducer you have now the 2nd is the puck type I was talking about.

Ron Fogelson

Here is a better photo of the puck style.

purpleworm

Thank you! I do have the first style transducer. How did you install the clamp to the transducer bracket?

Ron Fogelson

Quote from: purpleworm on June 16, 2009, 06:58:50 AM
Thank you! I do have the first style transducer. How did you install the clamp to the transducer bracket?

With one of these  :-*