New Fish Finder

Started by grzbear10, June 02, 2009, 08:25:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grzbear10

On my Skeeter a Humminbird model 727 came on the bow. I have had the boat out 6 trips and still breaking the motor in and the 727 is going back into Humminbird for the second time. I was looking at the Lowrance X510C that Bass Pro Shops have for a pretty good price. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with it or could suggest a good fish finder for the $400-$500 price range out the door ready to install. I was at one time thinking GPS but they are way too much for this old man.

traveler

I'd look at the lowrance  HDS5X. It's the new generation of digitized fishfinders. I have the HDS5 with the GPS and it's color and nice and bright plus easy to use. Get a demostration from a dealer and see what you think.
2004 201ProXL DC,  2008 250HO E-Tec
2004 3500 Dodge Diesel,1999 Montana f/w.
Retired and fun to go

BandedBait

It seems a lot of people are having trouble with the HDS including a friend of mine with a HDS7

grzbear10

I downloaded quite a few emulators from Lowrance but the look nothing like the real thing at Cabela's. The X135 looked crappy, the Hds's I really didn't like and seem the X510C and I thought it's graphics were the best for me. So I bought one. The X510c with the trolling motor bracket and the speed probe with tax $436 the Sonar is on sale for $329