***HDS & Navionics Update***

Started by fishin couillon, May 15, 2009, 05:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishin couillon

They have released the update and is ready to be downloaded.

stratos77

What was the update.  I thought my HDS 8 was already going off my 09 Navionics Plat card?   ~b~

stratos77

Wow.. site is already down I got to 32% ~rant

tillerybass

I keep "timing out" at about 52% on the standalone download and when I just the Java download it takes like 3 minutes to get to 100% and then nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?!?!?

Thanks

stratos77

tillery I got it to work not doing the Java way.  Click on Microsoftxp and do it that way. Took 5 minutes!

traveler

Had success yesterday afternoon, followed the Java instructions, put the checkmark on the enable box and downloaded the softwear. Took 30 minutes because I didn't close out several other programes, my fault. Good to go. :-*
2004 201ProXL DC,  2008 250HO E-Tec
2004 3500 Dodge Diesel,1999 Montana f/w.
Retired and fun to go

tillerybass

For some reason both computers in my house are not downloading the files  ~rant
When I press the Microsoftxp download both computers say that "Internet Explorer cannot continue to download the HDS files... the download has timed out".
Then with the Java one it gets to 100% on the application download and then nothing happens!!!
I do wish I was good with computers ???

traveler

Tillerybass, You just downloaded to your computer, now you have to transfer it to your mmc/sd card that you have put into your card slot whatever that is identified as, mine was "G' . They changed the way the card slides into the Lowrance unit.  ~fff
Retired and fun to go

tillerybass

Yea for some reason my computers would not download it. I downloaded it today off one of my school's computers and saved it to a flash drive and then transferred the files to the card. Hopefully it works out.

tillerybass

I got the update downloaded, but when the navionics maps show up they disappear and the charts screen turns white after about two minutes. The only way to get the maps back is to switch the charts back to lowrance and then to navionics again. But the screen goes white after about two minutes again. I need some help!

Thanks

Mike Cork

The lowrance website has a help section and a place to ask questions too! Try looking there. Also there is a phone number to a gal that is great to talk to, I don't have it but it is in some of the other threads?

Please make sure to let us know what you come up with!!!

My satilite is down right now and I can't down load it yet. Any of you folks that have used the down load, is it working for you?

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

stratos77

I installed it lasty week.  Everything looks the same to me ~b~ ~b~

Anyne else notice the how different the HDS is to the 520.  On default settings I pick uo NOTHING.  I had to put the sensativity on 89% and color to 70%.  I have an outside transducer and not a shoot through for then 520.

traveler

Anyone getting involved in linking the new HDS5 lowrance to the new e-tec engine using a nmea2000 connection to provide a lot of engine performance data. Lowrance claims it can be done but offers no detail. Going to call Lowrance and learn more. ~read
Retired and fun to go

Mike Cork

Traveler, I have heard that you can but haven't seen it done. Let us know what they tell you at Lowrance?

Cork's Reel Service

traveler

G0t into the Lowrance web site and found all kinds of info such as the wire links {N3K} and other things that one needs to complete the hookup. One needs software as well as more connecters. The HDS5 has ports that will accept some of the connecters but it's getting complicated. Don't know if it's worth while.
Retired and fun to go

stratos77

This update sucks!!! They should not release updates until they know it works.  HDS is locking up and can not keep track of my path on the gps while moving.  Screen does not catch up!

~xyz ~xyz ~xyz

Mike Cork

I was looking at it too travelers and it does look like it could get confusing.

Stratos77 I take it your talking about the update on their site right?

I haven't done the down load yet and have noticed that when doing the split screen the sonar is choppy and was wondering if the update was going to help that but apparently not?

Cork's Reel Service

stratos77

Mike,

I down loaded the update  from 5/15 and my HDS 8 is running like crap.  Hangs up on the GPS, on the sonar it does not run smooth.

Its kind of jerky.  Honestly it worked better before the update!

Mike Cork

Man that's not what I was wanting to hear :'( my sonar is jerky already. I was hoping the update was going to help.

Make sure you send Feedback to Lowrance, we all need to so that they will work it and get it fixed ~b~

Fix the Fix go figure

Cork's Reel Service

stratos77

I have let them know.  There were so many enhancements!  I wish they would do  one at a time. 

Steezman

traveler

Wish I would have researched the navionics card compatitability and use before I purchased my HDS 5 unit. I have a 520c and a hds5 on the same boat,one on the dash and one on the forward consile. I just found out one has to purchase two mmc/sd navionics cards since they are not able to be copied thru a PC to a blank card. This is getting expensive, I think I should have taken a guides advice  and bought the cheapist fish finder and went fishing instead of playing [and aggravating myself] around with this hightech junk that's not ready for the market. Navionics is gauging however they can. ~xyz
Retired and fun to go

traveler

Notice to all you HDS5 users there is a software update release on 6/5/09. It may solve some of the problems. :)
Retired and fun to go

stratos77

Installed it, and it did help some, but the gps still lags while using the navionics chip.  Not as bad as before though, I stil end up using the lowrance map which is pretty good.

Pain in the :ass if you ask me.

traveler

They have released a new software update for 6/5/09 that may help.
Retired and fun to go