lowrance x52 issues

Started by tree, April 03, 2009, 06:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tree

Just bought a new 09 Triton 18 Explorer...this came with a dash mounted Lowrance X52.

The depthfinder and graphic is fine, but its not reading a temp...it just says 32 degrees. Called the dealership and they said id have to take the whole thing out and send it to lowrance. Ive gone through the manual and every little menu on the depthfinder and cant figure it out. Could this be a problem with the transducer or what? Im clueless with this type of stuff because ive never been on a boat with electronics.
thanks.
Triton 18 Explorer-115 Optimax

BassBUFF

Do you have a shoot-through the hull or a transom mounted transducer? Was the electronics installed by the dealer or the factory? I would bet whoever installed it put a non-temp unit on your boat. If it was factory installed get a copy of the build sheet and it should have the part number of the transducer. Here is the Lowrance page that shows the part numbers for X-52 transducers. If it was dealer installed and they said you'd have temperature, then tell them to put the right transducer on the boat or add a separate temp probe.

Mark from NY

The X52 is NMEA2000 networkable. Its possible the factory already pre-rigged your boat with network cables and installed a temp probe on the network. This is turned on in overlay data, enter to add, sensor data, EP-35

joe6paq

I just bought the exact same boat and put it in the water for the first time this weekend.  I had the same issue with the temperature reading just flashing 32 degrees.  Did you get this problem solved and was it a simple menu setting?  I won't be able to get back into my boat for another week or two to try it out.