Bandit Crankbaits

Started by scottemory72, February 09, 2009, 12:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottemory72

I've fished Bomber crankbaits all of my life and I'm going to add Bandits to my arsenal.  I would like to know from you guys who fish Bandits what your most successful colors are?  Bandit has a ton of colors to choose from, but I want to narrow it down a little.  I would also like to know what models of Bandits you guys use as well.  Thanks for the help!

Unholy_Fury

I have always done good with  the baby bream color, epically in clear water. 

When the lights are on bright, its your time to shine, and show the world that you are here to play

#37 Running Back

Ron Fogelson

Man I love me some bandits.    lo

200 and 300 are my most used sizes as far as colors I use chartreuse blue back the most, but chrome blue back is good as well in clearer water.  The Tennessee shad is good here and the citrus shad also.  In the winter and early spring I will use a red craw from time to time and the white with black spots has worked on and off over the years on a few of our lakes.

I'm sure you will get a lot of answer on size and color but the thing to check is the colors people recommend along with what colors you have confidence in on your own waters.   :-*

I do use a few 100's and Footloose for shallow running around grass  ~shhh

Also I have some nice 400 and 700's for when I need to get them down deep.  Those things will pull your arm off so a good rod and reel is a must.

I guess I didn't help you narrow anything down to well did I?   ~roflmao

Bountiful Waters

pawpaw

I use mostly the 200 and 300. My favorite colors are khaki with brown back and yellow spring craw. My partner has caught a lot of fish on the baby bass.
I don't mind not knowing all the answers, but I keep forgeting the danged questions.

ZARASSPOOKY

I would check with your state wildlife department and see what the lakes you like to fish have in them. Find colors that mimic the shad and crayfish in your area.
Bombers and Bandits have always produced well for me.

Baron49

I have heard so much good about the 200 and 300 series Bandits I orded a half dozen for my recent trip to Florida.

BassBUFF

Quote from: Fogy on February 09, 2009, 12:48:51 PM
Man I love me some bandits.    lo

200 and 300 are my most used sizes as far as colors I use chartreuse blue back the most, but chrome blue back is good as well in clearer water.  The Tennessee shad is good here and the citrus shad also.  In the winter and early spring I will use a red craw from time to time and the white with black spots has worked on and off over the years on a few of our lakes.

I'm sure you will get a lot of answer on size and color but the thing to check is the colors people recommend along with what colors you have confidence in on your own waters.   :-*

I do use a few 100's and Footloose for shallow running around grass  ~shhh

Also I have some nice 400 and 700's for when I need to get them down deep.  Those things will pull your arm off so a good rod and reel is a must.

I guess I didn't help you narrow anything down to well did I?   ~roflmao

You been looking in my tackle box Fogy?? lo

Seriously, this is just about the same ones I use! Love the action on the Bandits. I also find they come through cover very well.

gofish1

Best colors for me are Salad Bar & Citrus Blue back.

bman13

CouchTater

Splatterback and Tenn Shad in the 200 series.
@BamaBass Twitter
@BamaBass78 Instagram

BigDBasser

I use the 100, 200, and 300 series mostly.  My most productive color is Charturese/blue back and Tennensee Shad.  Good Luck

stock28

My 200 series get the most use. I like any of them in the natural patterns but will use a firetiger at times.
A bad day fishing is still better than a good day working!

B.A.S.S. lifetime member

slick

Quote from: Bountiful Waters on February 09, 2009, 01:11:39 PM
ROOTBEER!!!

Could not agree more! I throw this color almost exclusively unless the water is really dirty. I caught my best largemouth, abt 7lbs, on the 200 series bandit and a 3lb smallmouth on the same lure. It's awesome.

sillybass

This color in 200 300 600 and 700 series

Also Firetiger and a color you can not get anymore but I have a few is Pea Green .

Dunham Fisher

I like olive in the 200 seies.

scottemory72

I wanted to say thank you to everyone who replied to my post; God I love this site!  You can pick up some great info here!  Just to let you guys know, I bought a bunch of 200s and 300s last night.  I'm also going to try out the Flatt Maxx.  I chose Tennessee Shad, Chart. Blue Back, and Red Craw for right now.  Here in IL those are all colors that produce.  I will be purchasing more sizes and colors at a later date (you can only spend so much of your paycheck, damn bills takes away from my fishing toys!)