Recycle That Banjo Minnow Kit!

Started by TightLinez, March 26, 2008, 04:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TightLinez

I know a lot of us have purchased the Banjo Minnow kit at some point (guilty). Although it did catch fish, I thought it was just too much of a hassle to deal with and I stuck it on a shelf in the garage. I fished it out the other day to see if I could use the pieces for anything. The minnows will make great Wiggly Rig or drop-shot minnows and as for the pieces used to screw into the minnow, I just use them as Hitch-hikers for my Vibrashocks and other lures, mine came with like 15 or 20 of them. I'm sure I can find some use for the other stuff too so it wasn't a total waste of money. lo

Sorry Banjo Minnow fans ~sweat

Swimb8Guy

thanks for the tip. i hardly used mine and i'm sure i can find it somewhere

complac3ncy

I still catch fish with my banjo kit, great for deadsticking, and I've been known to fish them wacky style a time or two  ~shhh

skeeter90

Personally I think a white fluke works just as good. I have never caught any thing on that kit. My friend had some pickerel hit it but thats it.

HellaBass

Any ideas on how to recycle the Helicopter Lure kit??  LOL!

ss454

The banjo minnow is deadly wacky rigged on a drop shot... ~shhh
If you build a ramp...I will come...

Bassinkorea

Quote from: ss454 on April 07, 2008, 05:09:53 PM
The banjo minnow is deadly wacky rigged on a drop shot... ~shhh

I've got some Banjo Minnows and I love fishing the Wiggle Rig, I might just have to try the "Wacky, Wigglin' Banjo"  ;D
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

TightLinez

I used one of the smaller banjo minnows on the wiggly rig the other day and it worked pretty good. I'll have to try the wacky idea too. ;)

ss454

I use an octopus hook and hook it right at the top fin (like you do a crappie minnow on a yoyo).  It flutters like it's taking it's last gasp.
If you build a ramp...I will come...