.::Alexa Toolbar::.

Started by MotherNature, July 30, 2004, 12:34:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotherNature

Amidst the posting leading up to the 10,000 post our Alexa Ranking rolled over to a new number...

Thanks everyone for downloading the tool bar!!!

.·´¯`·.><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

DAWG

Rickoos

Mike,
How many years do you have with the state? My wife will retire and leave me working in 6 more years at age 49 with 30 years of state work. Man, If I could on ly get her to work those 3 years of drop and put that money toward that Gambler boat, we would be set!!!!!!!!!
Oh, I think I just heard some of those french words in the back of my mind already!!!!!!!!

Ricky
sponsors:
American Bass Angler Pro Staff, R & M Tackle, K & M Custom Rods, Secret Weapon Lures,Vicious Fishing Tournament Team, Driftwood Lures,  Fish Hedz/Save Phace,

Mike Noble

Another step up the ladder...yippee  ~c~

Rickoos - I have 165 weekdays...33 weeks...7 months, 20 days... before my 30 year sentence is up (but who is counting).  I am considering drop, but there is no way I will do a full 3 years.  Maybe 8 months.  May 1, 2005 is my retirement date.

I saw a shirt the other day that I have to find....it went like this:

I have a retirement plan........Fishing
Life is a B........each!

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - e-reader

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - paperback

Ask me about PROTANDIM

Mike Noble

A new rating...another move up...34,064

~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~
Life is a B........each!

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - e-reader

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - paperback

Ask me about PROTANDIM

MotherNature

That is really cool!  ~fff ~bb

We are moving right along! I know this site has what it take to be in the top rankings, all we have to do is convince everyone else...

Laurie

MotherNature

Woooo Hoooo, we are being spidered by MSN again! I love them! You can type in almost any state along with bass fishing reports and we are on the first page....

Try it:

Louisiana Bass Fishing Reports

look out wmi here we come ;)

MotherNature

Boy is Mike Noble gonna be suprised when he checks in the next time ;)

I sure hope this keeps up, I am at a loss of what it is that we are doing except for the great participation so keep it up guys you are doing great!

Ranger375

You are at a loss?  ...with all the work you have done?  ...you have done an exceptional job of building an environment that keeps members here and news ones joining...it is also happening because this is a "living" board that changes regularly and has a great group of members that keep it alive.  It will keep growing!  You have done a great job!!!
"It Ain't all the things that we don't know that causes all the trouble...it's all the things that we DO know that ain't so!"

MotherNature

Thanks Ranger,

the thing that I worry about is that the board is not the only part of the site that the search engines look at there are several areas the gallery, the fishing directory, the main site and the board. I am sure that the biggest reason that we are growing is due to the message board/forum and it being an active community but I guess I wonder what types of things I am missing that would help us to grow more...

Laurie

Ranger375

I guess it depends on how you are measuring growth...so...how are you measuring growth?  :)
"It Ain't all the things that we don't know that causes all the trouble...it's all the things that we DO know that ain't so!"

MotherNature

There are a few things that I look at which may be totally off but I look at the number of daily visits to the site as a whole and that is up to between 700 and 800 depending on the day.

I look at our ranking on Alexa which right now it says our traffic rank is 31,865 as the current 3 month average but the rank for today our rank is 17,650 and the i week average is 16,354 so if the visitors keep visiting we should continue to improve our rank there.

I look at the things that I can provide and how much participation there is in those things like the gallery and the links directory and the articles on the main site.

And lastly I take into consideration how many people out there ask for links or have links to ultimate bass on their site...

Laurie

Ranger375

Those are all good...are you able to track unique visitors to the site?  That is a very good indicator as to how well the site is getting found by new people.

MotherNature

Quote from: Ranger375 on September 17, 2004, 07:18:26 PM
Those are all good...are you able to track unique visitors to the site?  That is a very good indicator as to how well the site is getting found by new people.

only on a daily basis, it is built in. I haven't figured out how to deal with the raw server logs yet :( they just look scarey......

Laurie

Ranger375

What you need is a weblog analyzer...it takes the raw logs and gives you a graphical interpretation...there are a bunch of them out there...you just import the logs and the software does the rest.

MotherNature

ok I just googled it and you are right there are a lot of them... is there one that you might suggest?

Ranger375

It depends on what you are wanting...there are low end ones and very high end ones...look to see if you can find a free one that will do what you want.

MotherNature

I found one I am going to install it and see what I can see   ~i be back in a few minutes...

Ranger375

MotherNature

ummmmm can I just say that it a lot of info..... I had no idea  :-[ still have very little, I guess I have a whole 'nother learning process to go thru...

Laurie

Ranger375

Yes there is a lot of info but as you learn to understand it you will really see what your site it doing.  The keys to the kingdom so to speak.  You will be able to see what your true growth is.  Cool huh?  ;D

MotherNature

Any hints on what all of this is... ummm there are so many things is there a key online anywhere that tells you what is what? I can tell the time stamp and the browser the ip address and the OS and ummm the URL but there is more ???

Ranger375

Hmm...did you get a log file analyzer or a reader?

What you want is an analyzer...it will take the raw data and put it into a graphical interpretation.  Also your website host should have a traffic analyzer package available. 

MotherNature

well I must have gotten a reader so I will look for an anylizer  :-[ The site does have a traffic anylizer but it is linited in the things like the refering url and search terms, it only shows a limited amount. I think I will look to see if I can upgrade that first I may be able to get more stats thru the host...

Laurie

Ranger375

Do a search on... Free Raw Web Log File Analyzer  ...and see what you get.