LMS 480 m

Started by guardrail, March 15, 2008, 11:22:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guardrail

I just bought a lowrance lms 480 m and was wondering should i just get the
hotmaps card for my state or get the new lowrance 95-61 mapcreate usa topo dvd series 7 map and make my own card ?   this map create comes with a card writer and 2g card and a dvd that has more states and lakes on it witch i can pick and chose from but im not sure how good it is

fishin couillon

My guess is that the card and MC7 will be just about the same with the exception of the Hot Spot Lakes that are listed. In other words the Hot Spot lakes will have more detail than the other "regular" lakes that are listed. Another thing is that some of the lakes that are not listed on the Hot Spot card might not even be on MC. On MC you can only "register" up to 5 cards with the program. But i believe that one whole state can fit on one card (not sure). It's one of those things where you need find someone with these 2 options and take a look at there cards on the units. Seems like i seen a list of lakes that were on MC.

Just_Old_Fisherman

u might want to check out the Lowrance Free Enhanced Lake Maps.  Not the greatest detail, but for the price they are pretty good, especially as a starting point.  I have MapCreate 6 and it is pretty worthless as far as lake maps.  Not sure where you are located, but seems the Navionics cards have a lot more users of their map cards than others out there.
aka: links_man2

BassBUFF

I've used older versions of MC and if that's all you have it's pretty good at lake outlines, but no depth charts. It is also useful if you have a handheld unit that you can use for traveling.

As stated before, Lowrance has numerous free lake downloads. See if they have what you're looking for here.

If detailed lake contour maps for your area is what you're looking for then I would suggest the Hot Map series! You'll be much happier.

guardrail

Thanks guys this has helped me out