transducer clicking

Started by lugnut, February 23, 2008, 11:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lugnut

anyone elses do this? i turn on the sonar and i can hear the trasducer making a little clicking noise; i turn it off and it quits. i have had a little cuda 168 for about 4 years and never heard that one do it but the lowrance LMS 525 that is on the boat i just bought does it everytime.
Lugnut is now accepting donations of gasoline (ethanol free desired)

Kal-Kevin

where is the clicking come from? if it is up in the screen area it might be a speaker problem. I have heard of some that the speaker was bad so when it was on it made noises. if you think of it the alarm is on it might be active too!

Kal

Tritonrob

Sounds like the clicking the transducer makes.   Its normal.  Just the pulses emitted from the transducer. 

BassBUFF

Quote from: Tritonrob on February 24, 2008, 07:27:11 AM
Sounds like the clicking the transducer makes.   Its normal.  Just the pulses emitted from the transducer. 

I'll second this!

ZARASSPOOKY

If your fishing an aluminum hull it's not that uncommon. I have only heard a Garmin click on a fiberglass hull

dampeoples

Mine seems to click louder the shallower I am. It's a Garmin on an aluminum boat

lugnut

yea, it's an aluminum boat. i guess it makes sense that you would be able to hear it better in an aluminum boat than in a fiberglass boat.

thanks guys

oh yea, it is coming from the tranducer and not from the screen area.

again, thanks for the help
Lugnut is now accepting donations of gasoline (ethanol free desired)

Plugger

If it is clicking be happy it's working.  Everyone I've had clicks. ;D