Karu Lures

Started by CaptChaos86, February 12, 2008, 01:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Shawn-

My order will be here in the morning won't it ?  ??? ~roflmao ~roflmao ~roflmao ~roflmao

GotstaFish

GotstaFish

My wife is actually finishing it up right now  ;) I remade your "Top Secret Color" and let me tell you. It looks real good  ;) I'm calling it Water Melon Flame  lo

-Shawn-

~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~

I can't wait to see it!!!  ;D

You better let T. go to bed and stop being a slavedriver!!  lo lo lo lo

GotstaFish

Quote from: shawnrg33 on February 18, 2008, 12:17:44 AM
~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~

I can't wait to see it!!!  ;D

You better let T. go to bed and stop being a slavedriver!!  lo lo lo lo
But its only 1am, she's got another good hour left in her  lo We are on our last order for the night and its off to bed  :)

TightLinez

Wow, seems like you got her pretty well trained  ~c~. How do you do it? lo

~shhh p.s. don't let her read this one! ~sweat

GotstaFish

Quote from: TightLinez on February 18, 2008, 01:15:42 AM
Wow, seems like you got her pretty well trained  ~c~. How do you do it? lo

~shhh p.s. don't let her read this one! ~sweat
lo Whos got who trained  lo She's the one crackin' the whip most times  :help:  ~roflmao

jesseboi

Quote from: Fogy on February 12, 2008, 03:15:42 PM
Oh man it's easy to tell folks how to spend their $$$$$$   lo

Do you use spinnerbaits?  If so then look at both the vibraspin and Vibrashock.

Use the colors you have confidence in, picking them along the same lines as you would with any spinnerbait skirt.

Fogy Green, Blue Shimmer Shad, Bleeding Shad or OC Shadadelic oh and cool watermelon in clear water and Darker/Bright colors in stained water like the Black Blue Tequila.  The Xtreme Bluegill, Crigger Craw, Chartreuse,White and Blue, Chartreuse and White can be good in both stained or clear water.

The vibraspin has a bigger profile then most spinnerbaits but none come close the the action you can get with it.  The Fogy Green Vibrashock is my #1 go to lure on any lake any time of the year.  I've caught fish here in NW LA my home, AR, MN and FL, some times the bass tell me they want something else but the thump and action of this bait will call fish in like no other bait I've used.

The jigs are the sharpest I've used.  Had to ask Karl how his pitches them because I kept sticking my finger  lo  I keep it simple with jigs, with bark colors and like type trailers, but swimming a Xtreme Bluegill with a watermelon read craw worm is a good option  ;)

With the vibraspins you have to count them down and fish them slow unless you are doing a lift and drop with your rod tip.  Check out the video in the KaRu home page to see some options on retrieve.  The Vibrashock is easy to fish, cast it out bring it in, but ripping it up off the bottom, or ripping it out of grass work well.  I also love to just slow roll it next to logs, docks, cypress trees and make it look like a bait fish out for a nice swim.

You can take off the skirt and put on a craw worm, beaver, 10 inch worm and go crazy.

Good Luck and let us know if you need any help.

Fogy

In a previous thread I noticed that you mentioned using the fat alberts from zoom on the fogy green vibrashocks. Upon trying these I noticed that the tails don't spin very well. This concerns me and I feel looses some of the presentation. Has this been your experience and is this normal and doesn't have much of an affect on the lures ability to catch fish?

thanks
Keep on Bassin'. My motto is to treat the bass like a business. Always stay one step ahead of your competition. Learn to improvise and constantly change to meet your adversary: the BASS.

Ron Fogelson

Yes I like the fat Albert both the single and the twin tails.

I did notice that the tail of the grub doesn't move as much as say with a spinner bait or just swimming it on a jig, however most times the bass didn't care.  On my Fogy Greens most all I'll use is the baby bass ring tail worm but if using chartruse and or white I'll put a fat Albert on in a heart beat and if I'm running short on them I'll use a FA.

Also something to remember is the vibrashock shakes left to right so if you are looking for a trailer with a lot of action look for something that moves up and down when rigged.  As with lure sometimes the bass want a lot of action and other times not so much and the ring worm is my best bet for covering both of those - it moves a lot if fished hard and flows nice with the lures action if fished slow.

I also only push the hook in about 1/2 or maybe just a bit more up into the grub.  This makes the tail/tails of the FA sit lower below the hook and out of the way of the skirt giving them more of a chance to wiggle.

Last thing I wanted to say is the number one thing about the vibrashock that people over look is that the fish will nail the head of the lure rather then nip at the tail.  They do this because the blade knocks off the jig head so the tail action doesn't have that much of an affect on what I put on the back of it as long as it doesn't stop the lure from doing it's job.   ;)

NxtGenBassMaster85

Ive never used karu lures, But Im gonna buy some this spring so i can try them out.    ~beer~
Rob C.

NateG

my brother and I just put in an order for like 16 jigs today, but they're not here yet. what gives? I'm just playing I'm pumped to get them they look awesome.

Buzbait88

Quote from: goliac7 on February 29, 2008, 10:00:17 PM
my brother and I just put in an order for like 16 jigs today, but they're not here yet. what gives? I'm just playing I'm pumped to get them they look awesome.

They are awesome.  ;D
THE VIBRASHOCK IS BACK!!
KaRu Lures
KaRu Facebook

GotstaFish

Quote from: goliac7 on February 29, 2008, 10:00:17 PM
They will be in the mail in about 7 hours from now  ;)

NateG

:)
Quote from: GotstaFish on March 01, 2008, 01:10:40 AM
They will be in the mail in about 7 hours from now  ;)
really? wow you guys are awesome

GotstaFish

TightLinez

Quote from: goliac7 on March 01, 2008, 03:07:19 PM
:)really? wow you guys are awesome

Ehhhh....they're OK....... lo

Buzbait88

Quote from: TightLinez on March 01, 2008, 05:14:46 PM

OK my  :ass  KARU ROCKS
THE VIBRASHOCK IS BACK!!
KaRu Lures
KaRu Facebook

Lipripper

Quote from: Buzbait88 on March 01, 2008, 05:48:41 PM
Quote from: TightLinez on March 01, 2008, 05:14:46 PM
Ehhhh....they're OK....... l

OK my  :ass  KARU ROCKS

Buzbait88 how many lure is that going to cost karl  ~roflmao ~roflmao

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Buzbait88

Just 1... I'm feeling generous ;D

Actually I got my Karu shirt today.  So he don't owe me nothing.  This thing rocks and I'm super stoked to get out on the water and show it off.
THE VIBRASHOCK IS BACK!!
KaRu Lures
KaRu Facebook

Lipripper

All right and be sure to post some  ;PHO) with your new shirt  ;D

GotstaFish

Quote from: Buzbait88 on March 01, 2008, 06:32:08 PM
Just 1... I'm feeling generous ;D

Actually I got my Karu shirt today.  So he don't owe me nothing.  This thing rocks and I'm super stoked to get out on the water and show it off.

J/K They are pretty cool  ;D

Lipripper

So karl how was your trip. OH and be sure to stock up on that hot sauce for your hat  ~bb ~bb  ~roflmao ~roflmao

GotstaFish

Quote from: Lipripper on March 01, 2008, 07:03:43 PM
So karl how was your trip. OH and be sure to stock up on that hot sauce for your hat  ~bb ~bb  ~roflmao ~roflmao
Never made it to Springfield, ended up in Chicago instead  lo I'm going Tuesday now and don't worry Lip, there is always 3 or 4 different kinds of hot sauce around here  ;) La Sombreo es no comida por mi!!!  ~roflmao ~beer~

Buzbait88

Quote from: GotstaFish on March 01, 2008, 07:21:30 PM
La Sombreo es no comida por mi!!!  ~roflmao ~beer~

The hat is not eaten by me??? :-\  Karl usted me perdiĆ³ hombre lo

THE VIBRASHOCK IS BACK!!
KaRu Lures
KaRu Facebook

TightLinez

lo lo lo Simmer down now. I was kidding! We all know how much KaRu kicks :ass. lo lo lo

I think Karl sent his KaRu Baitmonkey after me since it started warming up here. >:D monkey!