Karu Lures

Started by CaptChaos86, February 12, 2008, 01:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptChaos86

So ive been reading and posting here for awhile and alot of you seem to really like these Karu Lures. I was thinking of ordering some but what would you recommend i order? I fish lakes in both NC and SC and would like to give these lures a try. So let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Capt

ss454

You can't go wrong with a Fogy Green Vibrashock!
If you build a ramp...I will come...

-Shawn-

I would PM Karl and talk to him about ordering a Kit.  That way you will get to sample the Vibrashocks and vibraspins in a variety of colors .  There is no question in my mind that you will order more after you get to play with them.  ;)

Ron Fogelson

Oh man it's easy to tell folks how to spend their $$$$$$   lo

Do you use spinnerbaits?  If so then look at both the vibraspin and Vibrashock.

Use the colors you have confidence in, picking them along the same lines as you would with any spinnerbait skirt.

Fogy Green, Blue Shimmer Shad, Bleeding Shad or OC Shadadelic oh and cool watermelon in clear water and Darker/Bright colors in stained water like the Black Blue Tequila.  The Xtreme Bluegill, Crigger Craw, Chartreuse,White and Blue, Chartreuse and White can be good in both stained or clear water.

The vibraspin has a bigger profile then most spinnerbaits but none come close the the action you can get with it.  The Fogy Green Vibrashock is my #1 go to lure on any lake any time of the year.  I've caught fish here in NW LA my home, AR, MN and FL, some times the bass tell me they want something else but the thump and action of this bait will call fish in like no other bait I've used.

The jigs are the sharpest I've used.  Had to ask Karl how his pitches them because I kept sticking my finger  lo  I keep it simple with jigs, with bark colors and like type trailers, but swimming a Xtreme Bluegill with a watermelon read craw worm is a good option  ;)

With the vibraspins you have to count them down and fish them slow unless you are doing a lift and drop with your rod tip.  Check out the video in the KaRu home page to see some options on retrieve.  The Vibrashock is easy to fish, cast it out bring it in, but ripping it up off the bottom, or ripping it out of grass work well.  I also love to just slow roll it next to logs, docks, cypress trees and make it look like a bait fish out for a nice swim.

You can take off the skirt and put on a craw worm, beaver, 10 inch worm and go crazy.

Good Luck and let us know if you need any help.

Fogy

GotstaFish

You guys make my job a whole lot easier  ;D Thanks  ~c~

Lee Smith

Use These Vibrashocks

And you'll catch a bunch of these  ;D ~c~ ;D

Go with the colors that fit your area, as fogy and shawn have already said.  just don't be afraid to throw the Vibrashock into some real bad stuff, we've been doing it down here, and they work great!
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

-Shawn-

Lee, Where did you find the little bait keepers at?

Buzbait88

LOL...If I were you I would try all of them.  If you like fishing fast you can't beat a vibrashock or vibraspin.  Poisontailjigs are also good for slower days and the football jigs are going to be awesome for deep jigging or when your in rocks.  Its hard to say.  I prefer the virbashock when the fish are active and a poisontail when they aren't.  Just my .02 cents.  Really looking forward to trying some swim jigs and football jigs though.  My fav colors are fogy green and white/ chartruese for vibrashocks and black/blue, crigger craw or watermelon for my poisontails.
THE VIBRASHOCK IS BACK!!
KaRu Lures
KaRu Facebook

lugnut

Quote from: shawnrg33 on February 12, 2008, 05:26:09 PM
Lee, Where did you find the little bait keepers at?

i was wondering the same thing
Lugnut is now accepting donations of gasoline (ethanol free desired)

RichmondVa

What size do you guys prefer the 3/8 oz. or the 1/2 oz.?

RichmondVa

Also, What does the Fogy Green color look like?  I've noticed alot of you guys like that color but it isn't shown on the website.  any pics?

GotstaFish

Quote from: RichmondVa on February 13, 2008, 10:14:17 AM

Also, What does the Fogy Green color look like?  I've noticed alot of you guys like that color but it isn't shown on the website.  any pics?
It is on the website. Here it is, its a baby bass. Thanks for reminding me I need to get a VibraShock pic up though  ~b~

Steven Felder

Mr. Karl,
         I told (CaptChaos) to order the special color you make for me ~shhh. That will catch fish on any water in our area :). Just hope he doesn't catch all the fish ~sweat lo. God Bless!
                                            Steven

CaptChaos86

Quote from: santeebasser24 on February 13, 2008, 11:46:09 AM
Mr. Karl,
         I told (CaptChaos) to order the special color you make for me ~shhh. That will catch fish on any water in our area :). Just hope he doesn't catch all the fish ~sweat lo. God Bless!
                                            Steven

lo I'll try to leave a couple of em for you.

GotstaFish

I'll get with him tonight and get a kit together. I'm stuck at work right now  lo Yeah, like this is work, time to go shoot my bow  ;D

Buzbait88

Quote from: GotstaFish on February 13, 2008, 12:57:47 PM
I'll get with him tonight and get a kit together. I'm stuck at work right now  lo Yeah, like this is work, time to go shoot my bow  ;D

HA...that is so true.  I noticed you didn't have fogy green up the other day.  Glad to see you are getting a pic up.
THE VIBRASHOCK IS BACK!!
KaRu Lures
KaRu Facebook

Swede

If you have never used a Vibra-Spin - you will be impressed with the action on these puppies.  The Adrian Peterson of the NFL.  ;)
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small.
Rascal Flatts

RichmondVa

Hey Guys,

I'd like to order a few of these but would like to hear some opinions on what size you guys like the most (3/8 or 1/2)..??  What are your thoughts on this?

-Shawn-

That is all going to depend on What depth you are fishing it at.   3/8 is a good size to start with.  ;)

GotstaFish

Quote from: RichmondVa on February 14, 2008, 03:04:09 PM
Hey Guys,

I'd like to order a few of these but would like to hear some opinions on what size you guys like the most (3/8 or 1/2)..??  What are your thoughts on this?
the 3/8 oz is a great size to cover the 1-4 foot depth range, deeper if you use it as a jig or slow roll it. The 1/2 oz runs 2-6 feet or deeper depending on the speed of your retrieval and how long you count them down. Hope this helps out with your decision.  :)

jesseboi

I was using the 3/8 Ounce Vibrashock Fogy Green w/Super Fluke in Albino Shad. Has Anyone had success with this combo before? I tried the ribbon tailed worms but the tail wouldn't get going at the speeds I wanted to retrieve it at.
Keep on Bassin'. My motto is to treat the bass like a business. Always stay one step ahead of your competition. Learn to improvise and constantly change to meet your adversary: the BASS.

Ron Fogelson

Never tried that combo, but I do take a peal white and bite the 1st half to 1/3 off and use the tail end as a trailer.

Another thing I like to do is add a white twin tail grub to it rather then a straight tail worm.   :-*

-Shawn-

The twin tale is good and Alluring baits split tail 4 in trailer in pearl works well on the blue shimmer shad also

GotstaFish

I'm working on a new supplier for trailers but I haven't decided if I'm going to make them available just in bulk packs or if I'm going to begin including them with the VibraShocks again. Everytime I find the colors I want they quit making them  :bang

tmiller2

Karl you should pour them yourself....then you wouldnt have to worry about the colors going away
"the vibrashock?.....its like crack for fish"