Best fishfinder for $200.00

Started by joeyblueblood, February 10, 2008, 02:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeyblueblood

Hey guys and gals....this is my 1st post. This is the best bass forum I have found! I am needing a new fish finder and am on a budget. I have about 200.00 to spend. What would ya'll suggest? Thanks in advance!

Plugger

Everyone is going to tale a different tale but I love my Hummingbird 565.  Sells for $199.94 at Wal-Mart.  It has 640 pixels x 320 pixels and I love the detail.  Also comes with temp in the transducer.

nlareau

Agree. I'd go with the Humminbird.  Their products are getting better and better.
The early bird may get the worm, but it is the second mouse that gets the cheese.

lugnut

i've had one of the eagle cuda 168 (i think). it sells for 70 something at walmart now days, i paid over 100 for it 4 years ago. it works fine and has temp in the transducer as well. i'm sure there are better out there of 200 but if your looking for cheap and still functional, this one will work
Lugnut is now accepting donations of gasoline (ethanol free desired)

Just_Old_Fisherman

For approx $200 you can get the Eagle Fishmark 480.  Good detail with 480x480 pixels, includes temp and good quality product.  Runs $175 at Cabela's and then there is always eBay, and classifieds on this and other forums.
aka: links_man2

Warpath

I would go with the Eagle S/Map 250.  It has a fishfinder and a GPS for under $200.  Kill two birds with one stone. 

Eric

BillS

If you can get to a Bass pro shop this weekend, most of them will be having their spring classic sales.  you can get the eagle 320 (which has 320 x 320) pixel for less than 125.00.  I also like the hummingbird 717 which has as many pixels and a better backlight and is also gps ready, which means you just have to add an antenna.