Buying new fishfinders

Started by bigbassbuck69, January 26, 2008, 08:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbassbuck69

I have $1,500 to spend on 2 units,I want a gps combo and one for my trolling motor,,,whats the best deal out there,and best units for fishing structure on lake erie
The Performance Company

Craig314

checkout the humminbird 700 series, they are in your price range and you can link them together, my personal opinion i would run a 797 on your trolling motor, got to love the side scan and a 757 in the back, linked them together and if you get the 797 with the built in antena even better, my 2 cents.
Craig
A bad day fishin beats a good day workin!!!! or as my daddy says when all else fails use dynamite!

bigbassbuck69

The Performance Company

Craig314

The setup i have right now is a 767 in back with quadrabeam, and on my trolling motor i have a 737 with side scan. I have them linked together so my 737 can read the GPS and save waypoints the same as in the back. When i got this set up last spring the color units were still to high for my budget, but i am saving to upgrade, and you can get both 797 and 757 for both under 1500 and the nice thing about humminbird is you can exchange your transducer for a upgrade and just pay the difference, which is nice as i love the quadrabeam in the back. Hope this helps, there are several post with photos of hummingbirds side scan on this board check them out, i think that will sell you on these units.
Craig
A bad day fishin beats a good day workin!!!! or as my daddy says when all else fails use dynamite!

bigbassbuck69

I have a built in transducer in my trolling motor,its a minn kota Univ. sonar 2,will it work with those units
The Performance Company

Craig314

I dont think so with the side scan, but you can call humminbird toll free and talk to them, they will give you the skinny on what works and what doesnt, they are a great bunch of people. Check out the photos some of the guys took with there side scan even if you have to mount it on the out side of your trolling motor, you will see things you never knew were there, hope this helps.
Craig

Craig314

just curious what you ended up getting?
Craig