Screen cleaning ??

Started by Bassinkorea, January 14, 2008, 10:46:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassinkorea

The screen on my Fish finder is getting quite dirty, but before I clean it I'd to know what you guys use to clean your screens.

I heard that the screens have a special coating on them to reduce glare from the sun  :-\ :-\
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Stump bumper

I use the same soft cloth and spray I use on my glasses, not sure of the brand I pick up the kits at Wal-mart. I am sure anything recommended for your high dollar eye wear will not damage the screen. I use the same thing on my laptop screen.
Beaver Lake  Arkansas

Bassinkorea

Good idea, but nobody in our house wears glasses  lo so I'll be going shopping.

Anybody else have any ideas ??

JEVSkeeter

Guys,

I've started using a product called Krystal Vision and it's fantastic. I am not sponsored by them so don't think I'm trying to just promote the product. I get it through a friend of mine who's web page is www.basswishes.com check it out.

James 4:8,
Skeeter Boats Demo Team,
Yamaha, Minn Kota,
Humminbird, Navionics, Luck"E"Strike, Stay-N-Charge, BassWishes Tackle

bassadict69

I have also heard of mixing vinegar or something with water for cleaning the screen...anyone else have any thoughts on this?

My 332C ALWAYS seems to have water spots on the screen which just will not come off. I would love to find something to work wonders on my screen.

JEVSkeeter

Bassadict

I've been using the Krystal Vision and it does work very, very well. It's expensive when you check the per ounce cost but a little spray cleans by 997 and 957 screens completely. I use the 957 dropshotting and it lays horizontal so it catches everything that sprays on the boat. Those little water spots clean off and the screen shines when I use the Krystal Vision.

I am not sponsored by Krystal Vision, I'd like to be but I'm just a customer who is very pleased with the product. I keep one in the boat and one in the house for my computers.

Skeeter Boats Demo Team,
Yamaha, Minn Kota,

BigDBasser

Lowrance recommends that you clean the screen with warm soapy water.  You can also use ammonia-type cleaners like Windex.  Do not use any abrasive type cleaners as they will harm the protective anti-glare coating on the screen.

Glasstream15

Use the same stuff you clean your LCD computer screen with.

Micro-fiber cleaning towels, about $5 for 25 at BJ's, with just a damp spot of Windex works on all of my screens. And they are great for cleaning just about everything else and washable.
The world is full of people who can hear a loud bang, feel a sharp pain in the foot, notice smoke trickling out of their holster . . . and never put it all together

JEVSkeeter

Check with the manufacturer of your equipment either depth finders or computers. Ammonia product can cause damage to some screens or the coatings.

Skeeter Boats Demo Team,
Yamaha, Minn Kota,

fishin couillon

Guys, i bought a LCX27C last month. Here is the a paper i got in the box that talks about cleaning the screen. I hope on can see this, if not let me know and i can email the image. I can't find the PDF on Lowrance's website.

Bassinkorea

That's just what I wanted.

If you need a bigger copy, save it to your computer and view with windows picture viewer and zoom in if needed.

bassadict69

Thanks Couillon! I will give that a try!

I did also order some of the Krystal Vision stuff to try also

JEVSkeeter

Great job!
That's the type of information we need here!

Thank you.

Quote from: fishin couillon on March 12, 2008, 11:13:45 PM
Guys, i bought a LCX27C last month. Here is the a paper i got in the box that talks about cleaning the screen. I hope on can see this, if not let me know and i can email the image. I can't find the PDF on Lowrance's website.

Skeeter Boats Demo Team,
Yamaha, Minn Kota,

Pferox

I use this stuff called KRYSTAL CLEAR. It works like a paste, and keeps my glasses, lenses, and winders from fogging up. Its a little pricy, 2 jars cost almost 15 bucks, but I have had it for over a year and am still on the first bottle. They say it is a 3 year supply.

I have a couple of coatings on my glasses and this stuff has not negatively effected them.

To contact the person selling this stuff email him at:

"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

fishin couillon