Lowrance questions

Started by slick, January 09, 2008, 09:43:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slick

Not real sure where to start but I'll try..

I have 20ft Triton with a small Lowrance mounted on the bow and an X-15 on the dash. I do not believe the X-15 works correctly and I am about to upgrade to a new color X-27 anyway.

Is there a way that I can run both units without interfering with each other? When I have tried both they are all over the place. They will work for 5 mins, then for 5 mins it will says 400ft, then it will be back to normal for 2 mins, before shooting back to 100ft..all while im sitting in one place. Both units do this. However, when I take the X-15 out of the picture the graph on the bow works just fine.I also have a flasher on my dash and for obvious reasons I never turn it on.

bassadict69

Where are your transducers mounted?

slick

trolling motor, and a shoot through the hull on the rear for the dash mount.

bassadict69

you should not be having any interference between the two with that set-up. That is the same way the majority of us have them set up. Try calling Lowrance & see what their tech support has to so on it.

slick

Here is what they said, speaking directly to Lowrance:

Each transducer has it's own cone shape in the water and at depths of say 30ft or so those cone circles can overlap on the bottom then the individual units on the boat can get confused picking up each others signals.

Anyway, Lowrance is giving me $250 towards the purchase of my next graph, so bring on my X-27!

guardrail

slick can i get the phone number to lowrance from you?
im wanting to buy 2-520c and i want to know if i can put one up front and the second at the helm and net work the two together with useing only one transducer out the back and one gps puck mounted on the back :-\
im hopeing i said this right

Just_Old_Fisherman

Guardrail---Email Linda Colt with Lowrance Cust Svc.  She should be able to answer your questions on what you need.  Be nice to her, she is a very valuable resource to us fishermen.  She is a great lady and always ready to help---even heard of her sending replacement unit for out of warranty units that have quit.  Usually, if you will email her she will get back same day---usually within the hour----unless they are iced in again.

Linda Colt
Customer Service Department
12000 East Skelly Drive
Tulsa, Ok 74128
1-800-324-1356 #8747
Direct line 918-438-8747
Fax 918-234-1745
Email:
aka: links_man2

Darold_31

I just got a 27C put in my boat and you will love it.  I have mine networked off of one antenna and it is not that hard to set up.  I don't think you can run 2 units off of one transducer though, but it is worth asking about.  You will like the 27C though.
South Toledo Bend Guide Service, Big Bass Marina
gleasonfishing.com,Toyota Bonus Bucks,Mercury,
Phoenix Boats, V&M Baits, BoatUS "Weigh To Win"

guardrail

Darold_31--JOF  thanks for the help just trying to see what i need be for i buy any thing

guardrail

JUST_OLD_FISHERMAN--talked to Linda and she set me up with what i need
thanks again for the help

Just_Old_Fisherman

Guardrail---Keep her number handy, she is the greatest at wanting to help customers. 
aka: links_man2