Help with a Lowerance X-75

Started by BlackStrat, November 11, 2007, 07:05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackStrat

I sure could use a little help with this problem...

I have a Lowerance X-75. I connected it to my battery and it seems to work perfectly in Simulator Mode. I connected it to the transducer (puck style) and put it in a bowl of water. I got no readings at all. So I just thought to myself, "well...it is in a bowl of water in my garage"...lol

So I took it to a local lake. I connected everything and again, it seemed to work perfect in Simulator Mode. So I powered down, connected the transducer, held it by the hose clamp, submerged it the water, powered back up and got no readings at all. So I put it back in Simulator Mode and again, it seemed to work great.

It sounds to me like the transducer is bad. Could it be something else? I'd hate to go buy a new one only to find out that it is something else. Has anyone ever encounter an issue of this nature? If so, may I ask what was the fix?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Insert witty comment here

<><

fishin couillon

My guess would be the 'ducer. Althought your putting the simulator mode on, it doesn't mean anything. Before you buy a new ducer, see if someone you know has the same unit that works correctly and try your head unit and ducer with theirs. That way you can find the problem.