New Area, What Do You Think?

Started by MotherNature, March 30, 2005, 09:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotherNature

How many of you would like or participate in an area to post your bios and resumes?

I am thinking of creating and area called the Launch Ramp... You would be able to post your own bio there for sponsors to look at with pictures and information. You could possibly have a professional look at it and give you pointers on the way it looks.

I would also like to include a place where the sponsors of the site could list some of what they are looking for. Give input on what they expect and maybe talk to you about what you have submitted....

I would also like to have a Q and A area where you could ask some of the folks that have sponsors what the next step is, get a review of your work, and just ask basic questions with someone that would respond to you...

What do you think?

This was not all my idea but it was a really good one I think ;)

.·´¯`·.><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

Bman

Laurie,
  This is an outstanding idea,  it would be great for current members.  This would also be a good tool to attract new members and sponsors to the site.  I would use it if it was avilable.
                                             Bman

MotherNature

If we can get just a few folks involved I think it would be worth it. I really hope that there is some interest in it.

There are several threads that we could add to it right now from the general discussion area ;)

I think it would be great and I am glad you are interested.

Laurie

CouchTater

Sounds good to me.   ;PEP)   Bman said it all.

Tater
@BamaBass Twitter
@BamaBass78 Instagram

fishforfree

Well,  I sure think it's a great idea :-*

fff

MotherNature

That because it was your idea fishforfree...... lo

I am glad you had it to cause I really think it will give some of the folks here a chance to put their resume out there and maybe get some responce on it or get the help they need with it to make it better... Shoot I might even try to add one in it ;)

Ron Fogelson

Now that's what I'm talking about!  :-*

This is why I started one of the topics on sponsors just to learn.  To have a section dedicated to that alone is worth $$$$$$$ more to me then just about anything.

It would be so nice just to chat with folks before you dive right in.  Did I say this is a great IDEA!

Fogy

Lipripper

This is a great  :-* for those who would use it and who are looking for sponsors and the sponsors who come here even though they might not be looking for anyone to sponsor could give our members a good idea on what they are looking for and how to present yourself to someone you are trying to get to sponsor you. This would be just one more thing to add to the list that makes this a great place to come  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Ronnie Broussard

Count me in Laurie  ;D I think it's a great idea (even if fishforfree thought of it before me  lo ) Seems the general area is getting kinda cluttered up with sponsor Q&A's and would be nice to condense it all in one place.  :-*
I think you should apply Laurie  ~c~ Let's face it, most sponsor's would probably rather have your pretty face on their web site than Mike's  lo plus, a little bird told me your a better fisherman anyway!  ;)

Tritonrob

Great Idea.   This can give some people who also have any questions or not sure how to write or improve on thier existing a resume. 

Fish4FunInFl

Even though this wouldnt apply to me, because I do not tourney fish.( I may be joining a club,and fishing those tourneys but still wouldnt apply to me, I just Fish 4 fun  ;) )

For those that do tourney fish and may want to step it up a notch, this would be a great way for them to perhaps secure some sponsors.
Fish4FunInFl

Mike Noble

Outstanding...our members are full of....good ideas.  :roll2:
Life is a B........each!

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - e-reader

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - paperback

Ask me about PROTANDIM

Rickoos

I also think its a great idea Laurie, and like ronnie said, I would much rather see your pretty face on the cover than you know who's. I'm sure that you do those high heels better justice than you know who also........ lo lo lo unless he got his new VS magizine in the mail........... ~read ~read ~roflmao

I really think it would help answer a lot of questions and open a lot of doors for our members too........... ~sun

Ricky ~sad
sponsors:
American Bass Angler Pro Staff, R & M Tackle, K & M Custom Rods, Secret Weapon Lures,Vicious Fishing Tournament Team, Driftwood Lures,  Fish Hedz/Save Phace,

MotherNature

Like I said I would be willing to add my resume to the list but as far as actually applying I am not sure I would be the best canadate for any bait company right now.

I spend all my time on the computer. I answer about 100 emails a day, 50 or so PM's and about 20 to 30 phone calls along with updating the site and keeping it running smoothly. I am blessed to get to go fishing on Saturday and Sunday and there are times when I don't get to do that.

i know... you don't have to be a pro to be sponsored but you do have to be able to fish and use the product and let folks know that you really do believe in it and that you catch fish on it  ~sweat

When I do something I like to do it all the way! That is why I spend so much time at the computer these days........

Maybe this site will learn to run it's self and I will get a break here real soon lo

Fishaholic

I'm up for that...even though I'm not a tourney fisherman, and not even a boat fisherman, I come in contact with a lot of people who fish and buy products for fishing...actually, being a shore fisherman, I come in contact with a good sized population of fishermen who are willing to talk about "new" baits and / or products and are usually more excited when they know the products are available, and where specifically they're available.

I'm also on the water a whole lot more than the average shore fisherman!

Always willing to promote good products/services and have no problems making detailed reports.

Do you think there's hope for me?

NitroPopPop

:-*
Another great idea from Mother. I know some folks that would and could use that kind of information right now.

Da FISHINKING

This is a GREAT  :-* FFF and way to promote it Mother Nature!! Count me in for any input that I can provide!!!
So. Cal Bass Wrangler
B.A.S.S. Member
BassArmy Member
Sponsors: www.sqwormtackle.com www.harttackle.com www.ambushlures.com www.persuaderlures.com

silversalmon

Definitely a no brainer, GREAT IDEA for those that are lookin for sponsors :-* ~c~

United States Air Force 1994-present

OHbassaholic

A worthwhile endeavor.  Count me in Laurie.

fishforfree

Thanks for the props Dafishking!!!

Hopefully we can get 'er up and runnin soon. 

I think it would benefit all anglers and sponsors.

Laurie - great job ~c~ ~c~ ~c~

BIG PAPA

I think it is a great idea. Once it is up we could all post a thread on other sites we visit . I would think people would jump at the chance to have there bios on a high profile web site :-*

papa ~c~

MotherNature

Thanks guys for the support. I think you are all right and this is going to be a great addition to the site. I am working out the final details on it right now, like names and what to post where and will try to get it up and going shortly ;)

Kal-Kevin

Sounds like it would work for every one, even if they are just getting started. I do not have the time to be on a pro staff but would love to learn the ins and out of it. All my extra time is spent getting this summers' tournaments set up and hunting down sponsors to get every thing I can for the guys and gals that fish with us. So the more I learn sponsors is always a plus to making it better for all.

MotherNature

It is almost set up. I have a few threads to add to it from the rest of the board where this type of talk has already started and it will be a done deal. I am looking forward to seeing this part of the site grow too, maybe I will learn some really cool stuff ;)