lowrance x-135 back light

Started by buzzinbass, August 15, 2007, 12:32:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzinbass

I have a new x -135 and at night the light is to bright to drive with and don't want to be without a depth finder it dims down 3 times but not enough do they make anything that will make it dimmer and still be able to read it alright without it blinding you

Team9nine

Press menu button twice. The top highlighted heading should read 'screen'. Press "enter" (menu>menu>enter). This will bring you to the contrast and brightness settings, along with display mode settings. You should be able to get something worked out by adjusting these settings. See the X-135 manual for further details:

buzzinbass

I've tried that to still to bright

Team9nine

Quote from: buzzinbass on August 16, 2007, 05:10:12 PM
I've tried that to still to bright

Might be out of luck then...

You could wear a pair of non-polarized sunglasses at night that will kill some of the glare and glow  8)
Or buy one of the older units that had multiple brightness settings
Or just turn the unit off or even just stop fishing at night  :roll2:

Those are the only settings I'm aware of so I do think you'll have to adjust and just live with it one way or the other. Might call Lowrance to see if the factory people know any tricks that might not be in the manual as a last ditch efort  :bang

-T9

Soonerfan19654

You could try cutting down a computer screen glare filter to fit over the screen of your Lowrance, that might help.  It does darken the screen a little bit, plus its easily removed and could be stored for later use.  You could also try a film of window tint, it would be a little more trouble, but it might be worth it.  Just a few ideas.  - Sooner

buzzinbass

Thanks guys I think I'm going to try a peice of cling on tint or the screen filter thanks soonerfan