Humminbird 797c2 Side Imaging

Started by nlareau, November 28, 2006, 06:03:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coonhound

I've got the 997si in my dash and i mounted the GPS antenna beside my drivers console, on the horizontal, flat area between the console and the gunnel. I've got a Triton TR-196. It fit perfect there, and it was well within reach of the unit...it's hard to mount the antenna because the leads aren't very long.
Matt
"People sleep peaceably in their bed at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" Credited to George Orwell
Nervous B's Custom Hand Pours
Pics of Fish

beast96z

I've been liking mine so far. GPS works great and the SI ain't bad either. ;)  I have mine on the console with the transducer on the transom. GPS head is on the flat surface at the rear of the boat.

JEVSkeeter

Quote from: Aussie_Drew on July 31, 2007, 07:04:35 PM
I second that, generally I just don't use the GPS up front.

Us boys in the Mid West USA use GPS on he front deck all the time. Mostly for deep fishing however when you're fishing brush piles even shallow ones and you do not want to drop a marker or let everyone else see your spot the GPS with course direction up will give you a great orientation to your target.

James 4:8,
Skeeter Boats Demo Team,
Yamaha, Minn Kota,
Humminbird, Navionics, Luck"E"Strike, Stay-N-Charge, BassWishes Tackle

Humminbird Greg

Quote from: JEVSkeeter on August 29, 2007, 07:26:27 AM
Us boys in the Mid West USA use GPS on he front deck all the time. Mostly for deep fishing however when you're fishing brush piles even shallow ones and you do not want to drop a marker or let everyone else see your spot the GPS with course direction up will give you a great orientation to your target.

And with the Side Imaging units you can Mark a waypoint for any structure you see off to the side without having to run your boat right across it.
I help because I can...

JEVSkeeter

Quote from: Humminbird_Greg on August 29, 2007, 11:37:07 AM
And with the Side Imaging units you can Mark a waypoint for any structure you see off to the side without having to run your boat right across it.

LOL, even when Greg is sitting on top of it!

James 4:8,
Skeeter Boats Demo Team,
Yamaha, Minn Kota,
Humminbird, Navionics, Luck"E"Strike, Stay-N-Charge, BassWishes Tackle