Tensaw River Bass Fishing Reports

Started by Scott, July 27, 2004, 12:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

Looking for some help. Has anybody been to the Tensaw river system lately. I have a club tournament there in September. I've never been thereĀ  ??? and would love some advise and help. Thanks in advance for any words. I'll try to help you out if you ever come down to Florida. See ya!

Rickoos

Scott,

I should be there next week if the storm doesn't come in the the area. I will post what happens if we get to fish any! Hope this isn't to late......

Ricky
sponsors:
American Bass Angler Pro Staff, R & M Tackle, K & M Custom Rods, Secret Weapon Lures,Vicious Fishing Tournament Team, Driftwood Lures,  Fish Hedz/Save Phace,

Swede

I will be heading here this weekend - reports I have been getting is 8lbs/day is good catch as 16lbs won for two day total in recent tourney.  11lbs took second place.  Have not been over here in quite a while and looking forward to the difficult task of finding a big stringer on these rivers.

This topic should really be renamed - Mobile Delta Fishing Reports.  The Tensaw, Mobile, Tombigee, and Alabama Rivers all empty into Mobile Bay and fishermen can reach all four rivers in one tournament day if they so chose to do so.
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small.
Rascal Flatts

Swede

Miracle Strip Bass Club of Ft Walton Bch had our monthly tourney here today.  Heat and low catches ruled the day.  4+ lbs/4 fish won and I think BF too.  2nd was 2 fish. 3rd  had 2 fish.   Winning pattern was fluke fished in grass near causeway.  Alabama River running strong/muddy.  Tombigee muddy below Alabama River - clearer above.  Tensaw looked best with about 2 ft vis.  Temps in the 85-87 deg F range.
Rascal Flatts

Mike Cork

Swede, I seen your name chage idea for this thread. What do the locals call it? Also is there a place to launch up the river that would be concidered just the river and not the delta?

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Swede

Mike

Locals call it Mobile Delta.  In the report folks can let the reader know where they fished.  Most will say they fished upper, middle, or lower delta.  Some will be more specific and let tell you river/creek/slough names - but they are all part of the Mobile Delta.  A lot of people launch in the Tensaw River, but fish elsewhere.
Rascal Flatts

Rickoos

Mike,

there are lots of landing up and down the area, it depends on where you want to fish......a lot of tournaments use to go out of Live Oak landing on the Tensaw river, but now I understand that Live Oak may be closed to the public.  But upper & lower Bryants landing, Hubbards landing and Cliff's landing are good ones, on up the river you have boat yard & Dixie landing. You also have a good landing on the Mobile side too, that you can cross over into the other river systems like Swede said. One that we launched out of a lot was Bill winters landing when we were fishing the Rebel Tournament trail there. There is a lot of great water there to fish, and yes, we all just called it the Mobile Delta area.
North you have lots of wood, banks, and creeks and down south tons of grass & reeds and flats.............

I sure miss it a lot........... maybe Swede will share a few trips with me...... I do have some good maps with marked spots on it.... ;)

Ricky......rickoos
sponsors:
American Bass Angler Pro Staff, R & M Tackle, K & M Custom Rods, Secret Weapon Lures,Vicious Fishing Tournament Team, Driftwood Lures,  Fish Hedz/Save Phace,

Swede

Anyone fished the Delta lately - will be headed there next weekend.  Wondering how the bite has been.
Rascal Flatts

99Basscat

Had a small club tournament out of Hubbards landing this weekend. Was a piss poor showing at the wieght in with 7 pounds winning. I went all the way to Boat yard on the Alabama and didnt catch a thing. Winner did win from the lower alabama just fishing soft plastics. We even fished the same bank for a while I just could not get anything going. Water was low but pretty clear everywhere. Temp in the upper 80s, cant wait till fall get here. Fishing the Apalachacola next hope its better for me in september.
OOHRAH

Rickoos

Hi 99basscat,

How was Hubbards landing? Haven't fished out of there in years! How's the running there since all the hurricanes? I have caught a lot of fish up that way,,,,,,, Douglas lake has always been good to me too....
I hope to go back sometime this fall,,,,,,,,

tight lines buddy,

Ricky....rickoos
sponsors:

Swede

Quote from: 99Basscat on August 07, 2006, 08:56:06 AM
Had a small club tournament out of Hubbards landing this weekend. Was a piss poor showing at the wieght in with 7 pounds winning. I went all the way to Boat yard on the Alabama and didnt catch a thing. Winner did win from the lower alabama just fishing soft plastics. We even fished the same bank for a while I just could not get anything going. Water was low but pretty clear everywhere. Temp in the upper 80s, cant wait till fall get here. Fishing the Apalachacola next hope its better for me in september.
OOHRAH

You'll have better luck on Apalachicola.  Bang-o-lure working right now.  I like cranking if the fish are hitting them.  Check out Allen Courtney's site too before going - www.aroundthetournamenttrail.com  He is a member here as well - FLFEDANGLER.  He has links to tidal and river level info, as well as, tourney reports.  Check out his latest report on the FL thread.

Rascal Flatts