A few homemade baits.

Started by Facepunch, April 13, 2013, 11:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facepunch

Here are a few baits that I have carved. I mainly carve rats for people, but the green crank is a bait I made for my wife, and the small glider at the bottom is one that I started tonight.

Facepunch

Took the time to paint the lunker punker clone tonight. Not bad for a rattle can job.

Lee Smith

Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Facepunch

Thanks, lots if work goes into them. I probably went through 10 rats before I got the swim perfect and repeatable.

LgMouthGambler

Wow. Those are soo nice, I almost want to buy one to put on the shelf to display the beuty in the art.

~cf
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Facepunch

Here is a big dead twitch/wake bait that is in works. It'll be 11" long and about 8-9oz when finished.

Nelsonv1975

Thank you to, Stanley Jigs Inc., El Grande Lures, McCoy Fishing Line, River2Sea, NolanOutdoors, Cutting Edge Landscaping,LLC

Ben Ott

Looks pretty sharp. Where do you get your balsa? Any where special?

Facepunch

It's basswood. (Fitting lol) I get it at michaels and then whittle with a box cutter and an exacto knife.

BassmanRudy

Wow those look good!! Never thought to try basswood. Have whittled a bit w balsa and some cedar- will have to try this!!
"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

Facepunch

Here is my latest rat, and the s-waver/glider after paint. I did it in flat black for night fishing.

Oldfart9999

Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Facepunch

Thanks, the rat building continues. One of my buddies stuck a double digit fish on one this morning in AZ. I can't wait to get pics of it.

LgMouthGambler

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

BassVixen

mikerow

where can i buy a small rat?
~c~
"Only those who dare to go too far can find out how far one can go."

Facepunch

Right now I'm only building a couple here and there for close friends and family. If I start selling them in the future I will let you know.