Pace earns some respect from me

Started by DBrooke, March 21, 2013, 05:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DBrooke

Didn't know much about him before the Classic and to be honest with you still don't know a lot about him. But what he did today earned a lot of respect from me.

Palaniuk broke his prop this morning, "Cliff Pace stopped fishing and gave him a spare and helped put it on" according to BASS, but not only did he give it to him,  he let Brandon board his boat and helped him change the prop as well. I know guys on a local level that wouldn't do that!

Atta boy Cliff  ~c~
This section under construction.

-Shawn-

Cliff is a Good Dude.  The reason no one knew alot about him was he Keeps his mouth shut and Cash's checks....... 

He is actually a Better average angler than alot of guys that get more TV time.

Pace Cashs a Check 74% of the time. with 1.2 millions dollars earnings.

Ike Cash's them 67%

Ducket is Barely 60%

Ish is at 54%

Rheem is Barly 50%

SonofDitka

Cliff Pace always struck me as the quiet guy he was there to do his job but not a jerk about stuff. Class move to help out a fellow competitor.
The only things that matter in life: Jeeps, guns and fishing.

Bigwrench

Very Classy IMO !  True actions of a Champion I think.  I also had never heard of him lol but that's not surprising considering I've fished 1 tournament in
My almost 43 years ( you don't wanna know how that turned out lo) ! And pretty much everything I know about the sport has been learnt right here with you guys :)   I'm in the right place to kick excel at this addiction I think :) 
Stop by the Garage and let me know if you have Maintenance issues that you need assistance with.

Bobby Saffel

I've heard a little bit of pace before the classic. I think he's not real known because he's so quiet.

FlatsNBay

That was a class move! I was kind of on the fence with him before when watching the Classic footage. He would never really acknowledge the fans at all by holding up any of the fish that he caught. The fans seemed to be more of a nuisance to him more than anything. I think that he is just a quiet guy. I wonder if many of the other pros would stop fishing to help a fellow angler change his prop? Two thumbs up in my book! ~c~

LgMouthGambler

He is the strong silent type. No wonder he is a Shimano guy,  lol
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

West6550

What a good thing to do. Wish more people would act more human now a days other than the "me" syndrome everyone has. He gets a tip of my hat.

Oldfart9999

Kudos to Pace, in all honesty though, I think many of the pros will help a fellow competitor out. It happens more than we hear about, when some one has their gear stolen, he is lent or given gear by his fellows, it is a pretty close knit community, has to be when you travel and live with each other. You get dust ups once in a while, it happens in every family, but when push comes to shove they stick together.
Rodney 
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Andrew

He seems like a nice enough guy. I've read a lot of stories about pro's helping each other out like this so it's nothing new or unseen. In fact any pro stands to have more exposure and articles written about him by stopping to help someone in a situation like this instead of not helping. Doesn't hurt you just won the classic either.
Everyone talks about rock these days; the problem is they forget about the roll - Keith Richards