One choice....

Started by inNOTof, March 18, 2013, 11:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inNOTof

...which Pro would you love to spend the day on the water with and then hang out with afterward sucking down some ice-cold  ;PEP)?

KVD, IKE, Swindle, Scott Martin, Horton, Evers all come to mind but I would choose ALTON JONES.
1 is luck, but 2 is a pattern!

FishingTennessee

mine would be Jason Christie he seems like a down to earth guy i did do a interview with him for my youtube page which was cool be he seems like a good guy
Sponsord by https://www.facebook.com/MichaelsCustomBaits?fref=ts Jig maker cheap jig+ big fish=Winning

steve76

Greg Hackney seems like a fun guy to hang with.

Oldfart9999

Denny Brauer, KVD, Edwin Evers, David Dudley, Larry Nixon, Aaron Martins and Kevin Short, one at a time of course.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

bassn1

Rick Clunn.He has forgotton more about bass fishing than I have time to learn.

"Success is a Journey. Not a destination".

Down4ttown

Brauer, KVD, Clunn, or ISH. Ish seems like he would be a blast.

bass78

The G-Man (Gerald Swindle)  just cause he is funny as  O0.
JJ's Magic Prostaff, The Rod Glove Pro Staff, Extreme Sunglasses Pro Staff,    Blue Sports Outdoors Pro staff,

allen howard

Hmm G-man, Shaw Grigsby,Denny Brauer, Larry Nixon,Edwin Evers,Glen Walker. They all would be fun to fish with. Cause their always laughing and having a good time.

Canesfan

I'd go "old school" and say Bill Dance or Jimmy Houston.  Both seem like they would be a lot of fun as well as extremely knowledgeable.  Throw Hank Parker in the mix also.

FlatsNBay

Quote from: bassn1 on March 19, 2013, 06:54:51 AM
Rick Clunn.He has forgotton more about bass fishing than I have time to learn.

I had the opportunity to meet Rick Clunn. He was very standoffish and actually said, "Don't you know who I am? I'm RICK CLUNN"! Maybe he was having a bad day or something?

I would have to say Timmy Horton. When I met him he was awesome. I would like to go bass fishing on one day then turkey hunting the next since he is a big turkey hunter.

Down4ttown

Shaw Grigsby would be another good one. The guy is very informative and a class act.

CraigP83

Nate Wellman, he probably wouldn't mind having a few  ~beer~

SonofDitka

Tough choice, as evidenced by the fact that few responding seem to be able to name just one person.

So in that spirit, and in no particular order, Shin Fukae, Ish Monroe, Mike Iaconelli, Shaw Grigsby, Kevin VanDam, Timmy Horton and Cliff Pace (hey, he did just win the Classic).

In reality? I'd gladly fish and drink beer with the lowest rated pro angler...because it's fishing and beer.
The only things that matter in life: Jeeps, guns and fishing.

CraigP83

Quote from: SonofDitka on March 19, 2013, 02:25:23 PM
I'd gladly fish and drink beer with the lowest rated pro angler...because it's fishing and beer.

well said

H8R

Quote from: SonofDitka on March 19, 2013, 02:25:23 PM
Tough choice, as evidenced by the fact that few responding seem to be able to name just one person.

So in that spirit, and in no particular order, Shin Fukae, Ish Monroe, Mike Iaconelli, Shaw Grigsby, Kevin VanDam, Timmy Horton and Cliff Pace (hey, he did just win the Classic).

In reality? I'd gladly fish and drink beer with the lowest rated pro angler...because it's fishing and beer.

Its not that i can only name one, but the context of the question says ONE Pro..I took that as singular and hats hard as hell. As you said I'd learn a lot from a bottom rung angler, they're all good. So I listed one. It also didnt really say if they had to be current or not.. 

Mark Davis
Guido Hibdon
Hank Parker
Tommy Mann

Craig314

Well since you make me pick one and only one, then that would have to be Denny Brauer. The man is a class act and isn't just a flipping expert. I would be a sponge all day long and probably learn just as much sitting at a table over a beer listening to him talk.

If not Denny i would have to pick the G-man just for the fact that he is funny as hell and I know I wont be bored and I would still learn a lot.
A bad day fishin beats a good day workin!!!! or as my daddy says when all else fails use dynamite!

Camden

Im goin the complete opposite direction. im going with Brandon Palaniuk. As young as he is to have the mindset and abilities he does is amazing in IMHO

inNOTof

OOOOOOH, I forgot about Paulinauk! I'd love to fish with him too. That kid is going to do things, for sure.

Shaw is a good guy and great fisherman but there would be a NO laughing rule with him. His laughing tends to get annoying.

I have fished with Woo Daves, Fish Fishburne, Denny Brauer and Peter T.

1 is luck, but 2 is a pattern!

Down4ttown

Shaw's laugh is pleasant compared to Dave Mercer's!

Pferox

Quote from: Canesfan on March 19, 2013, 11:18:50 AM
I'd go "old school" and say Bill Dance or Jimmy Houston.  Both seem like they would be a lot of fun as well as extremely knowledgeable.  Throw Hank Parker in the mix also.

Yup, that would be my choice.
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

TheLastRodBender

100% my 1 seed is Hank Parker.  Shaw Grigsby would be up there, in a perfect world, i'd love to go out with Ray Scott too.. get to understand the man that started it all.

LgMouthGambler

Since I grew up watching him as a kid, I would have to say a day of kissing fish with Jimmy Houston would be a good day. He always seems to be excited and having fun when out fishing. He just seems like a down to earth all around nice guy.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

dustyroy25

Quote from: Camden on March 19, 2013, 05:00:43 PM
Im goin the complete opposite direction. im going with Brandon Palaniuk. As young as he is to have the mindset and abilities he does is amazing in IMHO
Well said. Palaniuk is around thesame age as me so I think we would get along and being that he has already fished 3 classics and placed in the top 10 for all 3 he obviously knows what he is doing and I would be able to learn a whole lot from him. I might even start sleeping in my truck LOL.

Eric-Maine

Won a trip through Berkley years ago and had a chance to Fish and hang with Jay Yelas for a couple of days in Florida. Great time.
Gerald Swindle would be my pick now.....especially for the sharing beers part of the day. The guy is a riot.