New Articles all over the front page

Started by Mike Cork, March 18, 2013, 02:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

FLW News, B.A.S.S. News and I've finally updated my blog "Get the Net" I know I've been severely slack on but will get back into updating it.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Bobby Saffel

Quote from: Mike Cork on March 18, 2013, 02:47:28 PM
FLW News, B.A.S.S. News and I've finally updated my blog "Get the Net" I know I've been severely slack on but will get back into updating it.

We'll let it slide this time Mike  ~roflmao

TNDiver

I liked your article but wondered why you tossed the lures you don't fish or never have/will?  It got me to thinking "why don't we throw those lures that we thought looked good in the packaging but never get wet?"  I would think you would have given them their own box and make sure you fish them.  Maybe nothing wrong with them and this year they will slay em!

I know I have been forcing myself to fish some of those types of lures and some have paid off.  But the bigger question is why do we buy them then never let them get wet?
There is nothing like sharing any moment outdoors with someone special!

UB Life Member: Starcraft Deck Boat with Minnkota Fortrex and Garmin Echomap Plus

JT_Bagwell

Contact me directly:
On Twitter @JeremiahBagwell On Facebook @ facebook.com/Bagwell or via Email

Mike Cork

Tossing them out was probably not the best of terms. They go in my fishing closet until I can find the conditions for them. Since I travel to fish occasionally, I hand on to a lot of stuff. I bought it because I thought it would work, no since giving up on it after never trying it.

My goal this year is to try and carry less stuff. I don't want my boat being my fishing closet. Example being, why carry buzzbaits in January. That's an extreme but it gets the idea across.

I'm also going to buy baits for specific uses. I'm not going to buy because that will work this summer. When I do that it ends up never getting used because I forget about it. :surrender:

Cork's Reel Service

inNOTof

PoPo Spellcheck Police are here...

Frontpage "Gerneration of Habitat" .... ??

Just helping out where I can.  :)
1 is luck, but 2 is a pattern!

Mike Cork

Always point out spelling or grammar. My fingers get to walking sometimes....  :shocking: :shocking:

Cork's Reel Service

inNOTof

You're gonna regret that, Mike!

One of my jobs in the Navy was to write/spellcheck technical manuals . . . I got out in 1995 and to this day it's still in my blood. Drives my fiance nuts! We were in this bbq joint over the weekend and they had a letter on the wall from some BEST BBQ IN TOWN newspaper article thingy and while we were waiting for our table I was ripping the letter to shreds because of the errors. lolol

I'll try not to be too much of a pain in the A$$ but it is painful when I see them.  lo

Oldfart9999

Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Mike Cork

lo I write them, review them, use a program to grammar check them, and then have Jake review them. We constantly find errors. Even after 4 reviews, there will be something. Two sets of eyes do all they can..... Military Training can't hurt  ~c~ ~c~

Maybe I should add you to the Forward for Review List :-*

Cork's Reel Service

inNOTof

We called it the "typo ghost" in the Navy. Check, check and recheck and sure enough an error would "mysteriously" appear that noone caught. AAARRRGGGGHHHH!!  lo