Opinions on a 98 BC Jaguar?

Started by mrpeewee, March 18, 2013, 02:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrpeewee

I am shopping for a boat to take my sons fishing more this year.  I recently missed out on a BC Pantera3, and I am now looking at a 98 BC Jaguar with a 22g Merc EFI.  Everything on it looks good except that that the seat bottom of the bench seat need to be repaired.  Any thoughts on whether I should be going after this boat in the $12k range?  Thanks in advance for your advice.  I've tried to include a few pics as well.

Billius46

From what I hear, those are really nice rigs! I think, those were the top of the line back during that time. I remember looking at those and wishing I could afford to buy one back then.  I would bet Flyswatter (Tom Moore) will be along soon. I believe his brother has one that has been pretty much restored. Tom can give you a lot more info than I can.

West6550

I really like that color scheme!

Flyswatter

Since it's a pre-2000 boat have the transom checked out that your motor is attached too and have the motor checked out. 

As a fishing platform that Jaguar is as good as it gets.  I haven't fished a better deck layout not counting the newer jag.  There is so much fishing space for you and your son.  Comfort behind the wheel IMO is better then the newer rigs (all boats) with a hot foot if it has one.  Other then that I like the boat.   :)  However in all fairness you have to look that boat over from head to toe including the trailer.    How it was used and treated determines your final decision.   From the pics it sure looks nice.   

Like West6550 that sure is a good looking boat.  Price seems reasonable too.

I hope it works out for you and good luck!

Fly

mrpeewee

Thanks guys. I made a deal with the seller pending full inspection by a local marine shop. Hope it goes well.

Cajunbass67

Hope it works out. I just bought a 1998 Jag, Dual Console. Great riding boat, and fishes very nice.
Me and my wife cant get over the amount of room on it. Storage and rod locker is the best.
I have the extra fishing deck, but removed it. plenty room without it.

Wil Holmes

tried to figure out your image but it didn't work
Humminbird 859ci HD
Humminbird HELIX 5 DI GPS
1995 BassCat Eyra - 2004 Mercury XR6 150

Cajunbass67

Was going to post a pic. I just posted in the Basscat owner section.