Is it just me....?

Started by K5Jimmy, March 15, 2013, 12:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K5Jimmy

So my projects are finished, chores caught up (Ha!).....Surgery has been put off at least 2 weeks....Sun is out, wind is down and looking for 80* today with a front due Sunday.....Let's go fishing...

I wiped the dust off the boat yesterday, sorted the rods and rechecked batteries and fluids....

Went to start my Jimmy and got a horrible squealing noise from under the hood....quickly diagnosed that my Tension Pulley had froze up.....wtf, it didn't do that when I drove it earlier in the week....anyway, No Biggie.  So I head to town to get the pulley (1 1/2 hour round trip for me)....got home and changed it out....it is now 12:30....4 1/2 hours from when all this started....

Is this how things go for the rest of y'all?  I know it could be worse, but I haven't got the boat in the water yet....Plus..the farmers almanac says today and tomorrow are "poor"....the next "best" days are the 20, 21, and 22...I'm at the Dr and out of town those days....

Just shoot me...
Custer had a plan

tmwilson

It always seems like something is getting my way at times also.  But, atleast you have open water.  I am still waiting for the water to open up.  We just started breaking the 40's here, but it is going to go back down into the 30's starting tomorrow.

Best of luck with your fishing and surgery.

jocko

bummer,

hope you get to enjoy some fishing soon. 

TNDiver

Yup a project that should take 2 hours takes 4, etc.  We just get our income tax refund back and the wife needs a crown  ~b~

I say it makes you enjoy the good days that much more!

There is nothing like sharing any moment outdoors with someone special!

UB Life Member: Starcraft Deck Boat with Minnkota Fortrex and Garmin Echomap Plus

DocIrv

Yup, sounds normal to me.....
UB members get a 20% discount. Use the coupon code UB20 during check out. If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
*But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I ret