Looks like Ike is toast

Started by -Shawn-, March 15, 2013, 12:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Shawn-

Someone capture the pic of his boat sitting out of the water in the trees and post it...

Glad he and his Marshall survived that!!

d.branch3

I am glad they are ok too, but if you act a fool to long its gonna catch up to you, exspecially in these stumpy waters of the south...
Powell Rods.

Catch 22

Boom goes the Dynamite!

Jared LeBlue

I love the third picture which shows his Toyota Wrap and it says "let's go places".  lo

Ardent Prostaff

jocko

Unreal.  Always some drama with Mike. 

d.branch3

Someone was looking over them, 3 feet to left would have hit that tree..
Powell Rods.

Railroader

Up a Tree without a paddle.lol
the lake level dropped quick

longdraw

I bet that Marshal wants to go home, NOW!

:surrender:
Life is a game of ounces.

jocko

He's lucky his Marshal is up and smiling!

I'd be in a neck brace, on a back board, and dialing my injury attorney with dollar signs in my eyes! 

Just kidding of course.  Some of these guys are frightening to ride with.  I think Two Marshals have been thrown before - one with Remitz and another with Marty Stone.  Conservative is not a word I would use to describe Ike and his driving! 

There's bound to be damage to the hull ?  Wonder what is deductible is?  Sheesh

sillybass

DBrooke

Story as of now is that he hit something in the river and caused him to lose control. luckily he went between those trees rather than up one.
This section under construction.

jocko

Funny,  looks like BASS shut down the previous pages of the blogs.  Perhaps in fear of these photos of Ike up in the trees?  Maybe a bad image for BASS and not a good recruitment tool for future Marshals.  Maybe because they are more like crime scene photos?  Maybe a pending investigation? 

Correction - it's back up and the photo's are still there....  not sure why I couldn't pull them up before.

Creel Limit Zero

Wow, that cold have been real bad...

jocko

Hell of an advertisment for his boat if they are able to get it back in the water and there's no hull damage.  Ike's gear should be bullet proof anyway.  I can't believe theres not a big ole hole on the left side.  Every angler should have a come along and winch just for times like this.

light wire

Unbelievable can you imagine being the marshall, with not much to hang on to.
Its easy to get thrown from a boat.

jocko

most boats have an handle to hold - but I personally could not hold my weight from being thrown over.  In this case,  looks like you could brace with your feet to keep from being thrown forward.  But who knows what kind of spin they went into before going into the woods?  One thing for sure is -  that Marshal will have a story to tell and pictures to back it up! 

We need some up date pictures.  I want to see what kind of production it is to get it back down?

Creel Limit Zero

Quote from: jocko on March 15, 2013, 01:19:06 PM
Hell of an advertisment for his boat if they are able to get it back in the water and there's no hull damage.  Ike's gear should be bullet proof anyway.  I can't believe theres not a big ole hole on the left side.  Every angler should have a come along and winch just for times like this.

No kidding, same for the motor if there's no lower unit damage...   :shocking:

Mike Cork

just my luck one blows a motor and the other one runs his boat up a tree....

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

jocko

HA !   ~roflmao  I feel your pain!   Who could have predicted any of this?

These pictures are really amazing.  Looks like the point of impact was the dirt bank just to the right of the motor.  Then up the bank hitting something in the woods head on causing the back to walk to the left.  He is really lucky to have missed some of those larger trees. 

GRR884

BCB reported earlier...

Bass Cat Boats wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Early morning conversation with Becky Iaconelli was that Mike was running thin water trimmed up and jacked up, hits a log or stump and nose comes down rudderless, which tucks it right up the bank.

BCB

-Shawn-

I am with you LeBlue. The pic is classic.

At speed all he had to do was lift quick and he would nose it into the trees.. I would stick with the "I hit something" story though.. lo

jocko

makes sence to me.  Catches air over the log - comes nose down and motor doesn't make contact (trimmed way up) so no steering or power (loss of control).  The boat is going to go where ever the hull was redirected with the impact (right up the bank into the woods) if he got alittle sideways while in air or bounced.   Must have happend in mere seconds. 

Smallie_Stalker

Hmmmm. i wasn't aware that bank fishing was allowed in the Elites lol. Tournament fishermen are always trying to do something different or to have an area all to themselves. Looks like Ike sure did both.  ~shade
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Mike Cork

If he would have thought about it, he could have put his power poles down before he hit the bank and stopped the boat :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

RedTop

If he'd have thought about it he wouldn't be running skinny water like that at a high rate of speed putting his passenger in danger like that....but.....then again .... ~read