BASS BS

Started by thudpucker, March 10, 2013, 10:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thudpucker

~cf In Bundick lake, near DeRidder LA, I was fishing with a teen age boy.
I made the best cast anybody reading this could imagine.

One herd of Lilly pads grew out to the a deeper ditch in that lake.
I told him I was going to put my Frog on that very last Lilly pad. :P
And I did ~c~

It was one of the most fortunate accidents I've ever had that was witnessed.
The Unusual part of the whole thing was the Bass.
It must have known that Frogs can fly, Because that Bass jumped up out of the water and caught that Frog in the Air as it was about to land on the Lilly Pad! ~gf

I'm almost ashamed to tell you guys that. Almost ~sun
ol pesky likes to fix stuff. Spend 28 years in Alaska. Down here I have to learn a whole new way of life.

Mike Cork

I call BS oh wait that's in the title. A witness is great but photos are better!!! Deridder huh? Pretty big place, I've drive through it a couple times. Ever spend any time on the fort?

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Oldfart9999

Hmmmmmmmmmmm  :shocking:
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

oldjim

Fished with my son in law at lake darbone one morning and he threw a rivit frog to the bank and we watched a owel fly down  :o  and pick up the frog. He got 30ft in the air before he was able to pull the frog free. That owel did not want to give up his frog, but the braid was to strong for him. Fortinuately he did not get hooked or we would be writing on how to get a owel un hooked.
Oldjim
spell check did not work for this post

jocko

I won't call it BS - as I've had many times fishing a topwater when the bass seem to engulf it just as it hits.  It's like they are receiving a pass.  Looking up thru the clear water and catching the bait in their mouth.  I would imagine that comes with the territory of bass and lilly pads.  They've got to be looking up to ambush frogs, snakes, birds, etc. 

thudpucker

Well...maybe I should tell you about the time a Cliff Swallow chased and caught my fly as I was drying it out, whipping it back and forth.
You should have seen the little acrobat when the fly changed directions on him.

Yes Mike I did spend some time on the fort helping the F&G guy with his Turkey and Tiny woodpecker research. He had a bunch of us in a big posse.
That was well worth the Volunteer time.
ol pesky likes to fix stuff. Spend 28 years in Alaska. Down here I have to learn a whole new way of life.

BenFishing

Having had a gar snag a lure just as it hits broke the surface, I can believe a bass snagging a frog in the air.  Rare, but it can happen.
Yes, that is a gator in my profile picture, but I was trying to catch a bass, so it counts!
One 3ft long, 10 pound "Largemouth" for me.

REDFISH

Never seen that before but I did catch a seagull when it thought my topwater was food.  Next thing I knew I was flying a pissed off kite. 
Tight Lines,
Chris Breland

REDFISH

Oh and I caught it on a bone skitterwalk with 15lb big game and a floro leader (in case anyone wanted to go catch some gulls)
Tight Lines,
Chris Breland

Bobby Saffel

Going down to some ponds at my Grandfather's house, I seen a rattelsnake so big he couldn't get under a barb wire fence, so he had to go down to the cattle gap and cross. ;D

thudpucker

Ho ho ho, Bobby wins the BS award for today. ~roflmao

Champriderz

I guess I may be asking for it but no BS I had an owl grab a Rapala topwater and get himself hooked. After a pretty good fight with him flying around the boat I landed him then wrapped him in a jacket while my partner unhooked him.  He flew into a tree, turned around and looked like he wanted to come back for round 2. 

I also had about a ten inch bass meet a spinnerbait just above the water and he caught the dang thing.  Strange things happen over lifetime of chasing these things.

thudpucker

Your in good company Champ.
I got Seagulls and Ducks in Puget sound, and a Merganser in Canada.

I caught (hooked) a gator in Louisiana. I was sure glad I wasn't using that Fiber wire that day. :o

DocIrv

Who am I to doubt the word of another fisherman? I believe it happened just as reported. Really, I do...  ~fff
UB members get a 20% discount. Use the coupon code UB20 during check out. If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
*But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I ret

Mike Cork

This is no BS.... I've got a pet alligator on the Red River. When ever I'm having trouble catching a few for a tournament I swing by his place and he points out the bass for me. Once he goes under I just sit and wait. When he comes back to the surface, if he winks..... There's a big'n under him

Cork's Reel Service

REDFISH

Yea and Obama is a great president.   ::)
Tight Lines,
Chris Breland

DocIrv

UB members get a 20% discount. Use the coupon code UB20 during check out. If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
*But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I ret

REDDOG

BONJOUR   ~c~

Oldfart9999

Quote from: Mike Cork on March 14, 2013, 07:29:24 AM
This is no BS.... I've got a pet alligator on the Red River. When ever I'm having trouble catching a few for a tournament I swing by his place and he points out the bass for me. Once he goes under I just sit and wait. When he comes back to the surface, if he winks..... There's a big'n under him
Mike, In would think that would be a violation of the rules, seeking outside help from a local, but I bet he's cheap, just a couple of gar. lo lo
Rodney

Mike Cork

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on March 14, 2013, 07:36:05 PM
Mike, In would think that would be a violation of the rules, seeking outside help from a local, but I bet he's cheap, just a couple of gar. lo lo
Rodney

Humm, now you've brought up something I've never thought about :-\ I could be in trouble ~b~

Cork's Reel Service

REDDOG

SOUNDS ALITTLE FISHEY   PoPo

Bobby Saffel

Anyone who has never to been to Louisiana needs to be mindful of the water bugs down here, they will freeze you to death. They stand up on the edge of the bed and pull the covers down.

Mike Cork

Quote from: Bobby Saffel on March 15, 2013, 08:32:27 AM
Anyone who has never to been to Louisiana needs to be mindful of the water bugs down here, they will freeze you to death. They stand up on the edge of the bed and pull the covers down.

that aint no $hit  :o :o :o

Cork's Reel Service

Bobby Saffel

Quote from: Mike Cork on March 15, 2013, 08:39:50 AM
that aint no $hit  :o :o :o

Once they get in the bed with you they're not that bad if you don't mind getting tickled by their antennas

Oldfart9999

Quote from: Bobby Saffel on March 15, 2013, 08:42:15 AM
Once they get in the bed with you they're not that bad if you don't mind getting tickled by their antennas
Hmmmmmmmm, is this getting a little kinky? ~roflmao
Rodney