New Fogy Green Shocks!

Started by Ron Fogelson, March 07, 2013, 01:08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Fogelson

Anyone remember these?  8)

Got them painted up tonight, put on the blades and skirt and heading to the lake in the morning  ~bb

Thanks for the package bud,,,, if you want the site to know who you are your going to have to post  lo

BassBUFF

I've still got a couple of those! ;)

oldjim

Kind of looks like a chatter bait? :-\
Oldjim

Bassinkorea

I still have a few shocks left in my tackle box, but none in the Fogy Green color  :(

They look good Fogy, are they from the "same supplier" as before?
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

JMGullo

Hey I need some more shocks!!!! I only have two or three left.

coldfront

yep...have a couple 'fogy greens' in my tackle stash...

but I never knew that you painted the heads 'mallard green'! 

good looking baits.

hard to tell the the photos:  were the blades silver or gold?

Creel Limit Zero

OK, I want to know where I can replenish my supply...   ;D

Ron Fogelson

BK there are the same moldes not the same person.

Coldfront Gotstafish always painted them Green, KaRu went to a few basic head colors but Karl would still hand paint mine for me, until 2009 when he sent me the paint  ~roflmao

Creel I'm sure he will help you but I don't think he likes Jello  lo

Mike Noble

I've seen those before, even have a few.
Life is a B........each!

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - e-reader

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - paperback

Ask me about PROTANDIM

merc1997

actually in the original NuJigs, there is a green very similar to that.  i still use it with a black and green skirt.  works very well here on table rock.  there are times of the year that crawdads have lots of green.  plus, threadfin shad have a green sheen on them.

bo
On Heaven's Lake

Siebert Outdoors

I made a bunch of those for MR Cork a few months back. 8)

Mike Cork

Quote from: Siebert Outoors on March 07, 2013, 10:53:53 AM
I made a bunch of those for MR Cork a few months back. 8)

They are working out quite well too. I love the silver/black and the copper head colors in these heads. Fogy Green has always been a consistent producer as well for the reasons Bo mentioned.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Fisher of Men

Do you go about gettin these bladed jigs or "shockers"? I like the look... By the way not to steal the thread but do u guys use a trailer hook on your bladed jigs?
Choose today who you will serve, but as for me and my house; WE WILL SERVE THE LORD.
Joshua 24:15

Siebert Outdoors

If you guys have some interest and Ron will disclose the color pattern to me.  Paint especially, I can make these.  I can do it pretty quickly.

-Shawn-

I am getting awful low on Fogy greens, blue shimmers and ultimate BG....  Just saying... ;D

coldfront

i try to pay attention to details...whhich is why I ask this:  I think I've seen that very characteristic blade pattern on one/two tv shows...  am I mistaken?

phred

I had a few. I do good with a Bluegill colored homemade, but I'd buy some more if I could get them.
Want to help returning vets? Check out the site.

www.armybassanglers.com/returningheroeshome/

Buzbait88

Glad you liked them Fogy, but the question is, how did the fish like them?? 
THE VIBRASHOCK IS BACK!!
KaRu Lures
KaRu Facebook

Ron Fogelson

Quote from: Siebert Outoors on March 07, 2013, 11:24:51 AM
If you guys have some interest and Ron will disclose the color pattern to me.  Paint especially, I can make these.  I can do it pretty quickly.

I'm at the lake for the next 2 weeks but I have to see the VA Doc on Monday so ill swing by the house and get the paint info for you.  ;)

Quote from: Buzbait88 on March 07, 2013, 05:09:42 PM
Glad you liked them Fogy, but the question is, how did the fish like them?? 

Couple things right off 1st the lead you used is harder as you said so it gives off a ring rather then a thump not good or bad just different. The 2nd is Karl spent a long time finding just the right o-ring the ones you have spin and when I try and burn the bait the blade rolls to one side or the other and then the bait spins and pops up to the top

I know this may sound picky but the reason the vibrashocks were so great was all the detail that went into each one,,,,, there is room to tune your up a bit yet  ~gf

Now on a steady retrieve or slow rolling it along the stumps it's worked very well so far. The hook you used is sharp and strong with a great gap for the size of this bait the hooks are positioned just right in the head giving the blade the correct angle to smack the head like it needs to. For a poor at home 1st run you did very well

See You On The Water!
Fogy

Lee Smith

I be lovin me some Fogy Green shocks, karl sent me a bunch of skirts years back, still using them. 

Gotsta love um!!  ;D
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Buzbait88

Thanks for the report Fogy I didn't realize split rings would make that much difference.  I have a few different styles and sizes here, but I haven't had a chance to test any of them yet.  The reason I used the one I did is because the last time I got some from Karl it appeared to have some big #3 rings and I actually drilled the hole bigger in the blade, because if the split ring opened at all putting it on, it wouldn't move freely.  So I went to a #2 to keep the blade closer to the head and it also wasn't as wide as the #3.  Maybe having to much space where the ring attaches effects it negatively.  With the bigger diameter hook the split rings are a pain in the butt to get on without them spreading out.

I have softer lead to pour with also, I was just worried about the blade eating away at that like it was nothing.  lol, its soft enough that I can take a pliers and smash the head pretty easily.  I was hoping the harder lead with the bigger hook would make the baits last longer.
THE VIBRASHOCK IS BACK!!
KaRu Lures
KaRu Facebook

Ron Fogelson

When putting that bigger split ring on you have to slide it into the hole and turn it so the ring and blade stay lined up so it won't spread open like you saw than when you put it on the head you kinda do the same thing and the spot where the ring starts and stops needs to be in the eye of the bait and shouldn't be able to turn without opening the rig back up  ~bb

More time is needed to see if the tink is better then the thump so far the paint isn't even chipped but I beet it will be by tonight  lo

Siebert Outdoors

I've got some pm's on this.  Ill order the parts today!

Thank you Ron!

Andrew

I still have a sack full of these in most all the colors he made in my garage some wheres. I use to buy and win so many of these things from Karl it was crazy. Reason I still have so many left is I'm good at not losing lures and they were strong and didn't fall apart. So I never had to use that many.

I liked them so much I remember years ago we use to have the one night a month thing on here where we had give aways live on the forum. I won a angling shirt with my choice of free stiching from coyotek I think her name was. The whole back piece was his logo lol and I still have it.

But yea I still have a lot left of the regular blade size and those big bladed ones he made. I also still have some of those spinnerbaits he made that had the blade on the bottom wire bend. Remember those???
Everyone talks about rock these days; the problem is they forget about the roll - Keith Richards

Ron Fogelson

LOL rose were vibra spins!  Good spring bait