Any Basscat Winter Projects?

Started by GRR884, November 09, 2012, 07:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flyswatter

Hope to have it done during this very busy week of traveling.  Got the LSS-1 Box mounted. 

After that gotta tape attach my LSS-1 transducer cable to my old HB Side Imaging cable and snake pull it through to my console for quick connect.   Not sure what I'm getting myself into on that one.   ~sweat :)

Bama96

What about the Hydro Tec Phase 2 kit for the 175 HPDI Flyswatter? You know you want that extra 40-50 HP! ~beer~
2012 Skeeter FX 20 250 Yamaha SHO

Flyswatter

Quote from: Bama96 on December 12, 2012, 12:05:34 AM
What about the Hydro Tec Phase 2 kit for the 175 HPDI Flyswatter? You know you want that extra 40-50 HP! ~beer~

Tempting the more I think about it.  Would a 215HP Sabre sale?   >:D >:D >:D PoPo PoPo PoPo

What kind of estimated speeds?  If in ideal conditions I'm currently running 70 mph plus then if figure 76-77 mph?

Gonna step over on HydroTech site and do some checking around.    ~read

Flyswatter

As a follow up to Bama96 last post he's real close pulling the trigger installing Hydrotec PhaseII kit to his PIV's 200HPDI.  I can only imagine what a 240HP PIV will do and expect it will be at or near the leader of the pack with most boats hanging 250's on the back.  Chet,  you'll get all the lift you desire on that setup.  In the spirit of Napoleon Dynamite.  "DO IT".

Bama96

All the negative Nancy's over on the Bass Cat Owners Board are saying it is a waste of money. BCB said the PIV hull acts as a governor. I still may do it.

JasonF

I picked up a new to me Pantera Classic so I have several projects to get her in shape for the spring.  Mostly a a good cleaning and waxing but also looking to install an HDS 5 and trying to use the NMEA network to get data from my engine to the HDS unit.  I'm also picking up a few things from BCB like a new rod strap, trailer step peds, stickers .... that sort of thing.  I've always thought replacing some of the smaller detail items such as these can really make a difference and they are not that expensive to replace.  Oh yeah, and I need to sell my 95 Eyra this winter!

Flyswatter

Jason,

Congrats to you with your Classic.  That is one fast and fun hull of a boat.   ;)  If there is anything we can do don't hesitate to ask.

Flyswatter

toledobasser

I had no intention of doing it but Academy had a deal on a Hummingbird 998 and I couldn't pass it up. So I guess once that arrives I'll have another project.   :)

Flyswatter

Quote from: Flyswatter on December 05, 2012, 11:14:52 PM
My HDS conversion is complete.  I picked up LSS-1 Structure Scan for my HDS units.

Got it up and running!!!   ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~

Zoomed in photo above, click on pic to enlarge.

Bigwrench

Looks like all sorts of neat stuff down there ! Looks like about 6.5 hours away to that spot ! Gonna have to fish some Bama lakes one day !
Stop by the Garage and let me know if you have Maintenance issues that you need assistance with.

GRR884

Oh nice pics Tom. Looks likes someone threw some trash over the railroad bridge.  lo

The fun starts now...you'll be glued to the screen for hours.

Flyswatter

Gary,

I just turned on my structure scan to get my first glance with side scan.   I"ll will revisiting that spot not knowing it was there for the past 8 years I've been fishing that area.   ~b~  :shocking:

Flyswatter

One more thing.  My BassCat SabreFTD Sunbrella Strapless Cover finally came in.  Now gotta wait past this weekend for the rain to move out.  After that I'll I try it out.

I don't have this boat but this is what the cover looks like.

toledobasser

I just keep coming up with stuff to do.  My cranking battery has been showing signs of weakening so I bit the bullet and got the big Sears Platinum that BassCat highly recommends.  I figure I'm going to be needing that extra power anyway because I'm adding the Hbird 998 soon, and I am already planning on possibly a Lowrance Elite-7 HDI up front, and I've got to get a stereo put in for the ladies.    ;)

GRR884

Quote from: Flyswatter on January 10, 2013, 08:00:28 PM
I don't have this boat but this is what the cover looks like.

I knew that instantly when I seen that Big Bad Black thing hanging off the back.  ~roflmao

Flyswatter

Quote from: GRR884 on January 14, 2013, 05:32:48 PM
I knew that instantly when I seen that Big Bad Black thing hanging off the back.  ~roflmao

~roflmao ~roflmao ~roflmao ~beer~

Flyswatter

How about this for two stroke longevity.  I was out in my bro's 22' CC with exact 175HPDI fishing the mangros for snook, specs and redfish.  Cruising along I looked down at his hour meter rolling at 864 hours!!!   :shocking: :shocking: :shocking:  Nice!!!!  He may not be running at 6000rpms but that is still darn impressive for two stroke motor.   ~c~ ~c~ ~c~  Treat these two strokes right and they gonna last two lifetimes. 

Bama96

Ok got a few things done. No motor upgrades yet. New Southco latches, new to me 997 Bird Unit, New Kenwood Stereo, new Kappa Infinity speakers, new strapless cover. ~beer~

Flyswatter

Bama96,  like your style.  I see you been busy pimping out that PIV to another level.  Nice!!!!  Can't wait to see it friend.  That Kenwood 700U is as good as it gets.  Last pic sums it up the best.  YOU GOT IT COVERED!   ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ :)

Cass Caldwell

Awesome work Bama96, that looks great!

Bigwrench

That looks fantastic ! I love the Latches !!  I really want to change all of mine out to that style . I think ill do that when I pad the deck and re carpet the boat and put new seats in .
Stop by the Garage and let me know if you have Maintenance issues that you need assistance with.

Flyswatter

Big Wrench I added a padded front deck to my SabreFTD.  It's external and snaps on and off.

Bigwrench

You guys always have the answers Tom :) , did you have that custom made or is it a BCB accessory ? I need to recarpet and seats and TM tray but that would be perfect if I could fit it to my deck. 

Flyswatter

I had Aurora canvas make it for around $100.  Don't hold me to the exact amount.  Very nice relief to my legs fishing all day.

Creel Limit Zero

Hey Bama96, those Southco latches are pretty sweet.  Did everything match up with your old latches, or was it a hard project.  I'd love to replace my latches as well...   :-*