Any Basscat Winter Projects?

Started by GRR884, November 09, 2012, 07:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GRR884

Anybody got anything planned for their Basscat this winter? At the moment I have nothing planned but maybe some reorganization. I'm amazed how much stuff gets added everytime I go out. lo

CarkyF

Quote from: GRR884 on November 09, 2012, 07:50:42 PM
Anybody got anything planned for their Basscat this winter? At the moment I have nothing planned but maybe some reorganization. I'm amazed how much stuff gets added everytime I go out. lo

~goof
Yep, plan to spend as much time in the water with the PII as possible.  Fall/Winter may be some of the best fishing/catching season in the South.   ~shhh ~shhh ~shhh

Flyswatter

GRR884

We might not get ice on the bigger lakes but the 25 degree air temps, 34 degree water and blowing winds just don't produce a good bite. LOL

Flyswatter

GRR884, 

Crazy I am.  Ripping traps in coon tail grass on Lay Lake in mid mid thirty mornings can really produce some quality fish.  There's little to no pressure and can appreciate what Carky, myself and others get the opportunity to do in the south and that's fishing year round in our BassCat's.  Bundle up and keep a thermos of hot joe in the cooler box and hope there's hot stew on the stove after a day on the water.

Flyswatter

Bass Cat Winter Projects

HDS Touch7 to compliment my HDS8 built in Structure Scan Box.  That is the one last thing I want to do to my SabreFTD.

Bigwrench

Quote from: Flyswatter on November 11, 2012, 08:05:22 AM
Bass Cat Winter Projects

HDS Touch7 to compliment my HDS8 built in Structure Scan Box.  That is the one last thing I want to do to my SabreFTD.
Sweet , can't wait to see your install and get your take on the touch units !
Stop by the Garage and let me know if you have Maintenance issues that you need assistance with.

GRR884

Quote from: Flyswatter on November 11, 2012, 08:05:22 AM
Bass Cat Winter Projects

That is the one last thing I want to do to my SabreFTD.

For some reason I don't believe that.  lo There ia ALWAYS something else to do. ~shade

Flyswatter

Oh,  one more thing.  I'm going to get my EZ Tug up and running again.  EZ Tug is a power jack with aid of marine battery.  When operated it will move my boat in and out of my garage via the power jack attached to my trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfO_nrTlDJw&feature=plcp

Creel Limit Zero

My Winter project is to not Winterize my boat, I want to fish through the Winter.  Last year I made it into January, but I did not fish in February.  Hoping to fish all year, come on Winter, don't freeze the Bay...

Flyswatter

Quote from: Flyswatter on November 10, 2012, 11:00:59 PM
oops!

YOu got that right!!!!    ~c~ ~c~ ~c~

I bet you will be on those Eufaula Ledges this winter.   ~beer~  Then comes prespawn and you'll fight with the alligators for shallow water bass.   >:D ~gf

I fished Scott Brech's tournament last weekend and 10 miles down from Selma City Park boat launch in the backs of the creek (fish story time) I saw what looked to be a 8'-10' gator.   :shocking: :shocking: :shocking:  It was as wide as a Aircraft carrier.  It slipped in just ahead of my boat and I casually turned around and went back to the main river.   ~sweat

Elwood

Between the winter trips and fruitjars I am going to polish and make my girl shine with some serious buffing and elbow grease.  Going to all 31 series batteries and still looking at a hotfoot, steering wheel trim tab and powder coated billet shifter.

I have all winter to try for the 70 mark but hit 68 this weekend with a 25 Fury and I think that I am happy with that....I think that longer that I have the boat the less important it becomes....also reality that it will take more work/money than I am willing to put in.....respect to Fiy....you did it.
Elwood
Bass Cat Boats Moderator / Dobyns Rods Pro Staff
2020 Bass Cat Eyra 2020 Mercury 300R 4S

Flyswatter

Quote from: Elwood on November 13, 2012, 07:52:17 PM
I think that longer that I have the boat the less important it becomes....

Amen!!!  However, 68 is some serious mojo speed but to your point I go through peaks and valleys probably related to my fishing.   ~roflmao  At times I'm into it but I'm getting more centric to MPG with my recently installed NMEA2000 network.  Darren,  If I had your fishing nothces on the belt I'd would chuckle at us speed racers.   ~roflmao  You got it my man and doing it style in your Sabre.  Kudos to ya!

Elwood

Fly...I am sure that if you had the fishing resources in your local area that I have you would have just as many notches in the belt.

68 is respectable and does open a lot of eyes around here...it is fun!  But!!!!! I bought the boat to catch bass not set water speed records and with the carburated engine I am not going to save very much gas no matter how much I keep my foot out of it.....lol  and anytime your in a BCB product you are doing it in style!
Elwood

Bigwrench

I need to come visit you guys and experience this BassCat ride and mojo for myself :) and you got bigger fish too , get some notches in my belt !
Stop by the Garage and let me know if you have Maintenance issues that you need assistance with.

toledobasser

I'm planning to rewire my trailer and update with LED lighting.  I also want to get one of the new steering wheels.  Other than that I'll be doing like Elwood and polishing her up really well.  If my cranking battery makes it through the winter, I will be replacing it with a bigger battery in the spring. 

Flyswatter

Oh,  I got another winter project and it has nothing to do with adding bling to my boat.  It's to try some different jerk baits.  Luck-E-Strike RC STX is coming out with smaller version of there megabass jerk baits clones.  It will be 3.75" and will find it's way into my tackle box.

On a more serious note I'm going to reduce the amount of tackle I have in my boat.   I have way to much and at times confuses me.   ~b~ ~b~ ~b~

18x2

This winter I plan on swapping out my live well control valve which seems to be a pain in the a$$ to do since I will have to cut the hoses to get them off.  I also plan on adding a 2nd graph to my console after I get a modified Sherm's bracket made that will accept 2 graphs.  I am also trying to find a glass guy that can fix 2 small scratches I have......I'm the only one who knows they are there but it bothers me!

Lastly I plan on shooting some mercury maintenance video showing how to: inspect and clean thermostats, water pump/impeller change and a short tutorial on how I use my smartcraft gauge.

I will keep the wheels spinning and probably think of more stuff to keep me busy!

toledobasser

I got the first of the projects completed.  I bought one of the new BCB steering wheels.  Just trying to make my 04 look as new as I can.   :)

I went from old and dated......

to new and sharp. 

Flyswatter

My HDS conversion is complete.  I picked up LSS-1 Structure Scan for my HDS units.

Flyswatter

TB,  that looks great!

Quote from: toledobasser on December 05, 2012, 10:18:01 PM
I got the first of the projects completed.  I bought one of the new BCB steering wheels.  Just trying to make my 04 look as new as I can.   :)

to new and sharp. 

Elwood

Damn!!!!! I got to get one of those!!!!

Looks great!!!
Elwood

Bigwrench

Quote from: toledobasser on December 05, 2012, 10:18:01 PM

to new and sharp. 

That looks great ! Hmm wonder if it would fit mine :) , you wanna sell your old one ? Lol

toledobasser

Thanks guys. I'm pretty happy with it. I started to get the one they have on clearance for $100 but I like the looks of this one better and it was only $45 more.

I didn't even think about trying to sell my old one. I'm kind of a hoarder. Haha.