MINNEAPOLIS (June 27, 2016) – FLW has the field set for 2016 Forrest Wood Cup. The Forrest Wood Cup presented by Walmart will visit Wheeler Lake and the Huntsville, Alabama, area August 4-7 to crown bass fishing’s top angler of 2016. Hosted by the Huntsville/Madison County Convention and Visitor’s Bureau, the tournament will feature 50 of the world’s best bass-fishing professionals casting for the sport’s biggest award – $300,000 cash.
Field Set for 2016 Forrest Wood Cup, Here’s how the field breaks down:
2015 Forrest Wood Cup Champion
1. Brad Knight, Lancing, Tenn.
2015 Walmart FLW Tour Angler of the Year
2. Scott Martin, Clewiston, Fla.
2016 FLW Bass Fishing League All-American Champion
3. Jeremy Lawyer, Sarcoxie, Mo.
2016 FLW College Fishing National Champion
4. Hampton Anderson, Anderson, S.C.
2016 The Bass Federation National Champion
5. Joseph Webster, Fulton, Miss.
2015 Costa FLW Series National Championship Qualifiers
6. Ray Hanselman, Del Rio, Texas
7. Brandon Perkins, Counce, Tenn.
8. David Barnes Sr., China, Maine
9. Charlie Weyer, West Hills, Calif.
10. Brian Holder, Belmont, N.C.
11. Nick Prvonozac, Warren, Ohio
12. Tyler Suddarth, Valdosta, Ga.
13. Jeff Hippert, Hamburg, N.Y.
14. Bill Chapman, Salt Rock, W.Va.
15. Denny Brauer, Del Rio, Texas
2016 Walmart FLW Tour Top 36*
*The top 35 anglers in the AOY standings qualify for the Cup, but because Scott Martin double-qualified FLW extended an additional invite to 36th place.
16. Andy Morgan, Dayton, Tenn.
17. Chris Johnston, Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
18. Stetson Blaylock, Benton, Ark.
19. Jacob Wheeler, Indianapolis, Ind.
20. Jeff Gustafson, Keewatin, Ontario, Canada
21. Jeff Sprague, Point, Texas
22. John Cox, DeBary, Fla.
23. Michael Neal, Dayton, Tenn.
24. Mark Rose, West Memphis, Ark.
25. Shinichi Fukae, Palestine, Texas
26. Scott Canterbury, Springville, Ala.
27. Matt Arey, Shelby, N.C.
28. Wesley Strader, Spring City, Tenn.
29. Cody Meyer, Auburn, Calif.
30. Jamie Horton, Centerville, Ala.
31. J.T. Kenney, Palm Bay, Fla.
32. Clark Wendlandt, Leander, Texas
33. Bryan Thrift, Shelby, N.C.
34. Darrel Robertson, Jay, Okla.
35. Scott Suggs, Alexander, Ark.
36. Greg Bohannan, Bentonville, Ark.
37. David Dudley, Lynchburg, Va.
38. Bryan Schmitt, Deale, Md.
39. Todd Auten, Lake Wylie, S.C.
40. Shane Lehew, Mooresville, N.C.
41. Brandon McMillan, Clewiston, Fla.
42. Terry Bolton, Paducah, Ky.
43. Cory Johnston, Cavan, Ontario, Canada
44. Dan Morehead, Paducah, Ky.
45. Clark Reehm, Huntington, Texas
46. Jim Tutt, Longview, Texas
47. Jimmy Reese, Witter Springs, Calif.
48. Jay Kendrick, Grant, Ala.
49. Brandon Cobb, Greenwood, S.C.
50. Troy Morrow, Eastanollee, Ga.
Pro Denny Brauer of Del Rio, Texas, accepted an invitation to the Forrest Wood Cup via his 10th place finish at the 2015 Costa FLW Series Championship after Trevor Fitzgerald of Belleview, Florida, became ineligible to compete.
For a full schedule of events, complete details and updated information visit FLWFishing.com. For regular updates, photos, tournament news and more, follow us on Facebook at Facebook.com/FLWFishing and on Twitter at Twitter.com/FLWFishing.
FLW is the world’s largest tournament-fishing organization, providing anglers of all skill levels the opportunity to compete for millions in prize money in 2016 across five tournament circuits. Headquartered in Benton, Kentucky, with offices in Minneapolis, FLW conducts more than 235 bass-fishing tournaments annually across the United States and sanctions tournaments in Canada, China, Mexico and South Korea. FLW tournament fishing can be seen on the Emmy-nominated “FLW” television show, broadcast to more than 564 million households worldwide, while FLW Bass Fishing magazine delivers cutting-edge tips from top pros. For more information visit FLWFishing.com and follow FLW at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Periscope: @FLWFishing.