Popular contingency program to now include freshwater and saltwater fishing events, offering OPTIMA battery owners the opportunity to win up to $2,000 in additional prize money per tournament
After a successful first year, OPTIMA® Batteries opens up its True Blue marine rewards program to thousands of new anglers, offering more than $70,000 in cash prizes this season. The largest group to join OPTIMA’s True Blue rewards program is the Professional Anglers Association (PAA). This partnership gives PAA PayDay members a reason to choose OPTIMA BlueTop® batteries.”
OPTIMA’s True Blue program, designed to reward anglers who use OPTIMA product in their tournament boat, will pay the top-finishing contingency-qualified team a cash prize of up to $1,000 with an added incentive in certain events that pay a higher amount for any team that wins the event. The program now spans over a thousand team and individual fishing events throughout the U.S.
“We are looking forward to reinforcing the benefits of our product to a more diverse group of anglers this year,” said Cam Douglass, director of marketing and product development for OPTIMA. “It’s important to us to be involved in not only the freshwater but saltwater world as well, and our partnership with organizations like the PAA and IFA Redfish Cup will help us to do just that.”
OPTIMA Batteries has specifically chosen circuits and tournaments with strong participation from serious tournament anglers, in addition to a strong history of ethics, resource management and community involvement. Circuits and events selected for the OPTIMA Batteries True Blue program include:
• NEW: Bass ProShops PAA Tournament Series (Lake Lanier, Table Rock, Neely Henry) and Bass Pro Shops PAA All Star Series tournament (Lake Hubbard) (Georgia, Missouri, Alabama and Texas) – $500 paid to tournament winner if qualified for True Blue rewards
• NEW: PAA PayDay sanctioned events, all across the U.S. – $50 for PayDay recipient in each event, if True Blue-qualified
• NEW: Reel Deal Tournaments (Michigan) – $100 for top True Blue finisher in each event, $500 if top finisher wins tournament
• NEW: Bad Bass Champs Tournament Trail (Ohio) – including six qualifying events and the championship – $100 for top True Blue finisher in each event, $500 if top finisher wins tournament
• NEW: Masters Bass Circuit qualifying events in Wisconsin, Michigan and Minnesota – $250 for top True Blue finisher in each event
• NEW: IFA Redfish Cup events including Florida Divisions, Atlantic Division, Gulf Coast Division, Louisiana Division and Texas Division – $250 for top True Blue finishing team in each event
• NEW: Grove Slam! Dolphin Tournament (Florida) – $500 for top True Blue finishing team
• NEW: Coconut Dolphin Tournament (Florida) – $500 for top True Blue finishing team
• All Excel Bass (Minnesota) events, including five Single Series events and five Team Series qualifying events and the championship – $200 for top True Blue finisher in each event
• Wisconsin Association of Bass Tournament Anglers (WABTA) events, including all six qualifying events and the 2011 Classic – $150 for top True Blue finisher in each event, $500 if top finishing team wins the tournament
• Big Bucks Bass events (Wisconsin and Illinois), including all 20 qualifying events and the 2011 Championship – $100 for top True Blue finisher in each event
• BBT Bass (Michigan) events, including five qualifying events and the 2011 Championship – $150 for top True Blue finisher in each event, $500 if top finishing team wins the tournament
• Sturgeon Bay Open Bass Tournament – May 13-15, 2011 (Sturgeon Bay, Wis.) – $1,000 for top True Blue finisher in each event, $2,000 if top finishing team wins the tournament
• International Falls Bass Championship – August 25-26, 2011 (International Falls, Minnesota) – $500 for top True Blue finisher in each event, $1,000 if top finishing team wins the tournament
In order to qualify for contingency money in any event, anglers must fulfill the following criteria:
• NEW: Be current members of OPTIMA Batteries’ Power Pack Nation, OPTIMA’s own online community, prior to the beginning of the event. Participants can sign up for free at www.powerpacknation.com.
• Have all OPTIMA batteries in the tournament boat. NO OTHER brand of 12-volt batteries is allowed on-board for any reason.
• Have a provided OPTIMA decal on their boat (must be on drivers windshield, back of main engine or on side of boat above waterline).
• Turn in within 10 days of the tournament: a properly filled out contingency form signed by tournament director; photo of both team members
wearing OPTIMA hat and holding OPTIMA winners certificate; and written testimonial about the performance of OPTIMA batteries.
A complete set of official rules for the OPTIMA Batteries True Blue program and specific cash rewards for each tournament is available at www.optimabatteries.com/trueblue.
Anglers interested in taking the first step in qualifying for “True Blue” cash rewards can find OPTIMA BlueTop Batteries at a variety of marine and automotive retailers throughout North America. For help on choosing the right batteries for any application, advice on proper care and maintenance of batteries and a retail locator, consumers can visit www.optimabatteries.com.
About OPTIMA® Batteries OPTIMA YellowTopÒ, RedTopÒ and BlueTopÒ batteries are available through leading battery distributors throughout the globe. Consumers should look for the unique colored top and six-pack design for which OPTIMA is known throughout the world. For the nearest retailer, consumers can also call 1-888-8OPTIMA (1-888-867-8462) or visit www.optimabatteries.com.
OPTIMA batteries are manufactured by Johnson Controls, Inc. Johnson Controls (NYSE: JCI – News) is the global leader that brings ingenuity to the places where people live, work and travel. By integrating technologies, products and services, we create smart environments that redefine the relationships between people and their surroundings. Our team of 140,000 employees creates a more comfortable, safe and sustainable world through our products and services for more than 200 million vehicles, 12 million homes and one million commercial buildings. Our commitment to sustainability drives our environmental stewardship, good corporate citizenship in our workplaces and communities, and the products and services we provide to customers. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com.