PINNACLE REELS

Started by NMFishFinder, February 03, 2010, 01:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NMFishFinder

iI own two, both peak gs models. Anyone else throwing this reel? The name hardley ever comes up.

Team_Reeder20

I don't have the Peak model, but I have the Solene, and really like it. I use it alot for plastics, and some cranks.
Member of the "Little Boats, Big Bass" Fishing Club

Sponsors: Minda Lures

Jared LeBlue

All I have is pinnacle. I don'y have the model you are talking about but the ones I have are great reels.
Ardent Prostaff

fishinfranklin

I have a older Matrix 2 on a kevlair rod that i love and the reel i fish the most is the lower end Lucille combo

Dug

I have a pinnacle inertia  baitcaster, and although it's a nice little caster, I am not real confident of its durability.  Seems like a lot of plastic compared to higher end models, So I don't fish it too hard or too much.   Still it was a good reel to learn on and can throw some smaller lures.

dug
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.

dixie_boysles

I own three.  They are waht i learned to throw a baitcast with.  great for beginners because they are easy to adjust and have a great price.  I have the Solene, Platinum Plus, and my favorite the XLT Vision.  I paid $100 for it and love it.  Its a good reel, not the best, but great. 

The solene and platinum plus pissed me off one tourny though.  It was real cold, and the anitreverse stopped working!  i think they're back to normal thought but it pissed me off
Fishing is the sport of drowing worms

Jared LeBlue

Quote from: dixie_boysles on February 04, 2010, 07:49:09 AM
I own three.  They are waht i learned to throw a baitcast with.  great for beginners because they are easy to adjust and have a great price.  I have the Solene, Platinum Plus, and my favorite the XLT Vision.  I paid $100 for it and love it.  Its a good reel, not the best, but great. 

The solene and platinum plus pissed me off one tourny though.  It was real cold, and the anitreverse stopped working!  i think they're back to normal thought but it pissed me off

put some oil on your anti reverse gear and it will cure the problem. I had a friend have the same problem with a high end shimano. One drop of oil and it's cured.
Ardent Prostaff

24/7bassin

I have three of their baitcasters and one of their spinner reels and all of them are great.  I had one of them that the anti-reverse quit working and emailed the company, they paid to have it shipped to them and back.  When it got back they had replaced a couple of parts that were banged up and fixed the problem with the anti-reverse.  All that with no charge...  Hard to find a company that will stand behind their product like that.

dalemilam58

I have 2 reels...like both of them...real smooth
" If you're going to be 'STUPID' you need to be tough or real fast...