Why is Bass fishing so addictive

Started by Steve_W, April 18, 2005, 06:49:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve_W

After this weekend I see it clearly.After seeing a friend catch a big fish,and watching the fish jump and fight and then jump and spit the hook at him,its was easy to see.
The excitement I could see on his face,you could see that it made him feel just like a kid again. when I am fishing myself it takes me right back to being a kid and fishing with my grandfather and all the excitement of catching that BIG fish. The anticipation of the strike to the actual hit and then the fight,will you get him in or will he jump and spit your lure at you,saying not this week come on back and try again another day.
All in all its just about the excitement and feeling like a youngster again,and we all need that.

Mike Cork

Tim I must agree, there are three things that keep me coming back for more. 1) the excitement that the next bite might be the big one 2) the tournament, even at a local level the excitement of the morning launch, catching the first and the limit fish, the comroderie of the weigh in, it all makes you feel like you can do anything again 3) and probably the most of all is the excitement when Laurie catchs that good fish, this past weekend was awesome, Laurie nailed our biggest fish about 30 minutes into the tournament, that fish jumps and fought but we finally got her, it was just incredible......

Hooked for life and proud of it  ~c~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Fishaholic

Bass fishing is addictive on many levels in my opinion...

I love the challenge of fishing heavily pressured areas and still being able to consistently catch good fish...this means that every time I go, I have to figure out what's going to trigger the good fish to hit, when every type of bait has been thrown at em.

I love the anticipation of the big strike when fishing on top of duckweed, when you have no idea from what direction, what intensity or even how close to the tip of your rod the strike may come...the moment when that fish blasts a hole in the weeds 10 feet away from where your lure is and attempts to attack it by leaping on top of it from that far away...the heart-stopping topwater action!

I love the challenge of making observations of nature and of existing tackle I use, then going back to my workshop and creating a lure of my own and catching fish on my own creation...

I love the feel of the fish pulling back, making runs for every snag in an attempt to shake me off....

I love the feeling of taking someone new to one of my spots and watching their successes that come from my tutorage...

I love watching the look on a kids face when they hook into their first bass...

I love listening to the stories the old timers tell of all their fishing exploits over the decades that they've fished for bass...

I love just being out in the woods, on or near the water observing nature and all she has to offer...

Man, I just love to fish...plain and simple.

DAWG

To me it is the challenge of chasing after the hardest fish to catch and trying to trick it into taking the offer i have put in front of him. For a long time i didnt fish at all and after a recent trip to Cali. and hooking up some nice ones it got me pumping again , plus the fact that my wife loves to fish also and we do it together.

Fishaholic

...and you're so lucky that your wife likes to go with you...most of the guys I know their wives wouldn't be caught dead anywhere near fishing.

DAWG

Well if you look in my gallery you will see who catches what  ;D Yes I love the fact that she goes with me all the time  ~c~ She is the main one that got me back into fishing  :toot:

Fishaholic

DAWG

Thanks Fish , I do , and it is a real pleasure to fish with her. I have fished with several people and still would rather fish with her anyday.

Lipripper

DAWG you are blessed to have a wife who likes to fish too  ~c~ ~c~ I'm blessed also even though Diana don't like to fish she knows how much I like to fish and is happy for me to go as much and for as like as I can ~c~ ~c~ with her blessings

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Fishaholic

QuoteI'm blessed also even though Diana don't like to fish she knows how much I like to fish and is happy for me to go as much and for as like as I can   with her blessings

That's pretty much the way I'm blessed too Lip, but sometimes, she comes along for the time shared during the drive to the Marsh and patiently waits, reading her book for me to be done with my fishing time...

It's so nice to have wives who understand our state of mind...just think of all the poor saps who don't and count your blessings...I do every day!

Kal-Kevin

I 'm blessed to my wife is sad when I quit for the winter she know that the fever will be here in short order. :( Then as the start of pike season all I have to say I'm going fishing and she says "you have not left yet?". ~c~

:-\  She asked me what is in it that I find so great about spending hour seating in a boat in the middle of a lake? I tell her it is hard to explane and she says "have fun see you later!"

She's the greatest ~c~ ~c~ ~c~

DAWG

Isnt it great to have that special someone that is that caring and understanding about our addiction.  ~c~

Lipripper

We are all blessed in that way and like Fish said I fell sorry for them poor saps who don't have a wife or girlfriend like ours  ~c~ ~c~

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Fishaholic

It's obvious to me that we're such lucky guys to have life partners like that...I'd rather have my wife than all the money in the world...sounds sappy, but it's true.

Steve_W

I took my wife fishing on our 1st real date.I had a 12 ft. john boat that I rowed,I put the boat in got her in the front of the boat and started rowing to a point I new had fish on it. She picked up my best rod rigged up with a floating minnow and while I was still rowing mad a perfect cast ,popped the minnow a time or two and hooked into a nice 5 lb Bass.After I got the fish off for her and released it I had just one thing to say will you be my wife. We have been married for 20 years this year.watching a sunset while in the company of your wife on a lake still just takes my breath away,fish or no fish

Fisher With Pride

to mee the experience of the fish striking is the best part
fishing i say is the part every one should experience
i say bass fishing is so adictive because it just gives a sensation that cannot be exchanged!!!! :) ;PEP)
JAMES CHEN
THERE AINT NOTHING BETTER THAN FISHING WITH A FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER

SenkoSam

I think that personality make-up has a lot to do with the why of fishing.
For example, I like to gamble and know that if fishing didn't take the place of cards or horses, I'd be broke and destitute.

I have an addictive  personality. If I didn't fish, I'd drink or become obsessed about something else that fills in the gaps and tempers daily frustrations.

Part of my personality invloves my creative side that needs an outlet, if not once a day, at least every other day.