Bassin Adventures on Guntersville

Started by Jim Burks, December 11, 2006, 03:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Burks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Guntersville, Alabama
Submitted by Capt. Jim Burks -- Bassin Adventures from Al. on

Water Temperature: 48
Water Clarity: 2-3 feet

What a beautiful day to be on the water.I haven't been on the water in a week untill today, I fished a 1/2 day trip with a qualifier for the BASS WEEKEND TOUR, I showed him some of my favorite January areas, we rode around and looked at spots and I explained how I approached each of them,baits,colors,retrieves,and such.We then went to another of my Winter time holes just to fish and ended upwith 8 keepers with 2 of them around 6 lbs.each.We caught all of them on crankbaits in shallow water.I would like to wish the best of luck to Ron Hummingbird from Oklahoma,I hope what I showed you today puts you on top in Jan,and a Spirit filled Christmas to all.Be Safe and God Bless,Jim Burks

CouchTater

Sounds like ya'll got on 'em pretty good Jim.  I havent been on the water since August, glad to see someone is out there catchin' them.   ~c~  ~c~  ~c~
@BamaBass Twitter
@BamaBass78 Instagram

Swede

I've only fished the G one time - for the annual military tourney a couple years back and that was April timeframe.  What bait type is #1 producer this time of the year up there?  ie - CB, SB, plastic, jig, ??
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small.
Rascal Flatts

Jim Burks

Man I'd die if I couldn't fish at least 2 or 3 times a week!! Right now I'm catching most of my fish on a shallow crankbait and if I could get some sponsorship help from them I'd be more than glad to share the name brand with you,but my advertising ain't free so neither is theirs! If you will shoot me an email to I will spill my guts and tell you the brand and the colors and the type of water I'm fishing. CouchTater,you gotta get out on the water!!!

CouchTater

Quote from: Jim Burks on December 12, 2006, 04:49:48 PM
Man I'd die if I couldn't fish at least 2 or 3 times a week!! CouchTater,you gotta get out on the water!!!

I know, I started a new job this year that gave me more time to fish thru the week.  Now they have switched me from nights to days 12 hr shift and I work in Chattnooga.  I live about 15 mins from Comer Bridge and as soon as I get used to this new shift, Im gonna be back on the water.
@BamaBass Twitter
@BamaBass78 Instagram

azfish1

Quote from: Jim Burks on December 11, 2006, 03:43:38 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Guntersville, Alabama
Submitted by Capt. Jim Burks -- Bassin Adventures from Al. on

Water Temperature: 48
Water Clarity: 2-3 feet

What a beautiful day to be on the water.I haven't been on the water in a week untill today, I fished a 1/2 day trip with a qualifier for the BASS WEEKEND TOUR, I showed him some of my favorite January areas, we rode around and looked at spots and I explained how I approached each of them,baits,colors,retrieves,and such.We then went to another of my Winter time holes just to fish and ended upwith 8 keepers with 2 of them around 6 lbs.each.We caught all of them on crankbaits in shallow water.I would like to wish the best of luck to Ron Hummingbird from Oklahoma,I hope what I showed you today puts you on top in Jan,and a Spirit filled Christmas to all.Be Safe and God Bless,Jim Burks

Thanks for the information Jim. Do you have any fishing information for the Chart #54 area? This will be my local area to fish. Do you know when the major Bass TMX are being helt at this time of the year? I would like to be there before they are. Thanks again. Ron
Hello, my name is Ron....and I'm a Bassoholic! 2001 Ranger Boat and Trailer $38,000. Tackle $10,000. Relationship Counseling $1,000. Boatload of Bass....... PRICELESS

Gone Fishin'
-----~~~<*))}}}}>><{{